Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be taking over the maintenance of the website and wanted to get the conversation started with the MAFF community about what you would like to see fixed, improved or added to keep this community as active and beneficial as possible. There have been a few threads with some suggestions but I would love to hear from more of you. If you prefer to share your opinions or suggestions privately, please feel free to pm me.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Is this legit? If so, fix/update everything. The entire site is outdated by about 10 years.

Good luck! Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm

It's legit and you're right there is a lot to do to modernize the site. I'll be updating the look and feel and making it mobile friendly but if you have any specific features or sections that you think really need to be added or fixed let me know.

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Is there a reason why there is hardly any activity on this site? I've been an on and off member here for years. I usually check in every few months, maybe started a few threads here and there about new bodies of water I fish, but looking back at the posts in the general discussion, there's like a dozen for the whole summer....

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 am

jwo1124

Is there a reason why there is hardly any activity on this site? I've been an on and off member here for years. I usually check in every few months, maybe started a few threads here and there about new bodies of water I fish, but looking back at the posts in the general discussion, there's like a dozen for the whole summer....

Once tournaments stopped being run through the site, people moved away.

Unfortunately, forums for the most part are pretty much dead everywhere. Hard to compete with all the social media sites.

If this site is to ever be resurrected, there needs to be some sort of Facebook, Twitter, et al. integration.

Posted Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

If love to see that. It would be pretty simple to start a Facebook account and open accounted page.....

Posted Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:42 am

So how is the new look coming along? When are we going to start seeing some changes?

Posted Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Uploading pictures seems to be an issue for some people as the picture turns upside down or sideways. Perhaps someone that had these issue could reply?

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Yeah, posting pictures can be frustrating. There has to be an easier method! Idea

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 am

That is a great point! Dealing with the way images are handled is going to be a top priority and will be part of the forum software upgrade.

It's been a bit of a slow process getting the code and websites transferred over. Some of you may have noticed that there were some missing images on the site last weekend and a maintenance message when trying to visit the site. That was all part of the migration process which is now complete.

I'm working with a friend of mine to plan out the new look of the site. As we get designs we'll be sharing them with the community to get the your input. This process will take a while and we won't have it completed until at earliest February. In the mean time I'll be making some non visual changes here and there to make the site function better. The first of which will be to upgrade the forum software which will give better spam control, federated login (login using facebook, twitter ...) and some additional features. After that I will be restarting the weekly and monthly email recaps to keep the community informed of activity on the local forums as well as on other state forums which will hopefully increase engagement and allow for better knowledge sharing from the whole US Fish Finder community.

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed of progress but if you have any comments or suggestion feel free to post here or DM me.

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 pm

So are you doing changes for all of Dave's fish finder sites some of the sites or just ma Fishfinder?

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:20 pm

It will be all of the sites.

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am

Hi Guys,

I've started getting some logo designs and would love to hear some of your feedback at https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTIwODE0OToy. The colors can be changed so if you have suggestions leave them in the comments of the poll.

Posted Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 am

They're somewhat difficult to see, but even so, I think 130 is the best, followed by 129.

As for the comment above about posting photos, you have to resize them before uploading. Any picture that exceeds 800 pixels on either side will have issues. If you can resize them before uploading, they'll post fine.

Posted Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks for your feedback Ken. I didn't realize it required you to sign in to see the full size image. I posted larger versions directly below.

138:

110:

129:

130:

144:

Posted Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links