I know not many come to this board anymore but here goes anyway who is still getting out there and what is happening?

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 am

i am! i fish all winter in my kayak! crushed the fish last saturday. over a dozen fish the biggest was 4lbs

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 am

Nice, I go as long as I can with no ice and I can get the boat in but the bite has been tough gonna have to try some new places

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 am

deep ponds with hair jigs and blade baits, find deep structure, sharp drop offs! humps holes, deep flats, green deep weeds, mussel beds, rocks. light lines and light rods! its really fun fishing! all fish big or small feels like a good fish, on saturday using my 8.5 foot light action rod 8lbs test line all fish felt bigger then they were! catching jumping smallies in the middle of winter on light line in deep water is awesome! cure for winter blues!

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 pm

I don't live up there anymore, but I always fished the shallow bog type ponds when the water got cold. Less places for the fish to go makes it a lot easier to find them! Idea

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:11 am

Fished Hedges in Plymouth 01 December. Smallies were hiding but perch cooperated.

Water temps were 45.x - 46.x

Posted Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am

made it out for a few hours managed 1 largie and 1 smallie and a 4.5 lb pickerel missed 2 others not bad for 43-45* water nothing on blades

Posted Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 am

Got out last weekend for a few hours. Veeeeery slow bite. Managed a 4 lb Larry though to close out the season. My fishing partner got one over 6 two weeks before! Go Fish

Posted Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 pm

dogbone_384

Fished Hedges in Plymouth 01 December. Smallies were hiding but perch cooperated.

Water temps were 45.x - 46.x

i went there 2 weeks ago it was dead! guess its to warm for smallies schooled up and be chewing blades! i think jerkbaits shallow would be better there!

ive been getting out lately! pickerel have been chewing! bass have been slow fished a new pond saturday! worked deep edges with blades jerkbiats jigs and small swimbaits! only one pickerel. decided to try shallow just before sunset, caught 2 small bass and alot of pickerel! less the 10 feet over weeds near a drop off to 20 feet.

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

I'm headed to Big Sandy today. I reconned it last night and it was open.

Long Pond is open.

Little South is approx 1/3 iced. It didn't look good for getting a kayak across it to paddle to Big South.

Hedges is iced on the two beaches where it's very shallow. You can easily get a kayak over it to the open water.

This'll likely be my last trip out for '17, but who knows.

Posted Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am

Mike, how did you do? Did you fish Little much this fall? Will be coming up from FL next summer and will be fishing the old haunts. Can't wait! Very disappointed in the freshwater FL fishing. Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 am

I quit somewhat early this year. Last trip out was Nov 18. I fish a ton this year, 36 live tournaments and 21 online tournaments.

I fished big events on Winnipesaukee, Champlain, Cayuga Lake, Peconic River on Long Island, Kentucky Lake, Toledo Bend, and some others. So I figured my wife deserved me home for a few more months instead of having to deal with my fishing into January like usual. Haha.

Posted Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Ken, you know if there is a warm up you will be back out there! It will be too hard to resist! Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:09 am

don51

Ken, you know if there is a warm up you will be back out there! It will be too hard to resist! Very Happy

Probably! Haha. I did wrap the boat this year, though, so that is definitely off the table until late March or so. But yeah, I might take the yak out if there is a warm day.

I kind of hope we don't have any warm temps this winter, though. The weed in some of the lakes this year was out of control. The back section of the Nip, for instance, was so choked you couldn't fish it. And the water wasn't all that low; I just think the weed didn't die off enough over the course of last winter.

A number of places had a lot more weed than normal, so I hope we have a cold winter.

Posted Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:20 am

Kenwood, 36 live tourneys and on-line what do you mean on-line tourneys not following??

Posted Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links