Cool. My opinion is still the same. Good stuff!

Posted Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 am

Not sure where this website update stands, but when you click "preview" now, it wipes out your post.

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Yeah, how's that site update coming along?? Confused Confused Confused

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:17 pm

pocketfisherman

He gave up. Laughing

Posted Sun May 13, 2018 10:46 pm

kenwood

pocketfisherman

He gave up. Laughing

Probably due to a lack of interest on this site. Question

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 4:12 am

don51

kenwood

pocketfisherman

He gave up. Laughing

Probably due to a lack of interest on this site. Question

Unfortunately, lack of interest here is largely due to its poor design. It's just not very user-friendly compared to modern sites. =(

Posted Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 am

He didn't even last a year, oh well. Thanks anyway Tom for trying.

Posted Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I haven't given up but life got in the way and the sites needed to take the back burner for a little while. Since about mid April I've been able to focus quite a bit of time on the sites. I expect to continue to progress through the redesign and complete 2-3 pages a week. I'm also working through some other none visible improvements and fixes. Here are some of the things I've changed so far and what will coming up in the near future.

Redesign: At the moment the forum, location detail page, report (formerly trip) page, fish species detail page, login and registration pages have been updated. Next up are the trip wizard, add photos and tournaments pages.

On the new homepage, there will be a leaderboard that will be powered by the reports(formerly trips) submitted. So if you want to be on top of the leaderboard start adding your reports. On the homepage we will also have an upcoming tournaments section so if you are running a tournament or know of one that is coming up please use the existing page here

Newsletter: I will shortly begin sending out the newsletter again. It will be sent out weekly and will contain the latest activity on the site as well as updates from me or other items users from the community would like to share. There will likely be some advertising and special offers if I can get partnerships going for our community. I will not spam and you can unsubscribe anytime from within the emails. If you haven't subscribed or your email has changed do so here

Social Media: We currently have accounts on twitter, facebook, and even a reddit subreddit. If you are active on any of these please follow and share with our accounts and I'll retweet, re pin, re post, etc. I will also take content from the site and cross post to the social sites. You can add your social media accounts on your profile and if they are there I will give you a shout out when posting your content from the site. There is also a checkbox if you do not want your content to be shared by me.

Support: If you need support with something on the site or want to bring something to my attention you can email me at usfishfindercontact@gmail.com. The contact form works as well but I'll check the email sooner.

Spam: I spent a ton of time removing spam that has accumulated over the years which has resulted in the removal of over 7000 accounts and well over 20000 pieces of content. I've also blocked all none North American users from creating accounts and have implemented a few other measures but spammers will get through and I will try to remove it as fast as possible. If you are interested in becoming a moderator sent me an email.

Site Usage: Traffic this year is up about 30% over last year, so even if not many people are posting right now, the information that this community has posted and shared is still being seen by 36,000 anglers across the US each month and 15,000 of those vistors come to MA Fish Finder.

I think thats it for now. Moving forward most of the sites new features will be driven by the data from the reports, hotspots(catch details) and photos, so if you've been out on the water share those reports.

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Looks good, man!

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links