just curious of anyone with open water or what is your guess when we will see some....?

Posted Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:15 am

I see nothing around Worcester Al, as a matter of fact I see alot of low ponds also. People better think about putting boards back in the dams or we will have no water.

Posted Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:53 pm

The few times out this year I found open water south of exit 5 (RTE 3) in Plymouth and one trip to Hinckley's Pond in Harwich on February 1st.

Had good luck at Hedges Pond in Plymouth a couple weeks ago.

Posted Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm

its out there! gota know where to look! i have a few pickerel under my belt so far for open water. going to bust out the yak this weekend and get on some bass

Posted Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

Mike, help the membership out - what towns have you found open water?

Posted Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 am

LOL I thought I had cabin fever! You guys may need to go south for the winter, its only February. Not enough open ice to get me out, I'm hoping for mid / end of March. Nothing but ice in Blackstone, Bellingham Milford area. Been buying all kinds of new stuff though ! Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Cabin fever? Not me... Hedges Pond was about half open today, more than enough to fish.

Caught 3 SMB, all around 2# and a fat perch weighing 1-2.

Yep, there’s open water ...

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:06 pm

dogbone_384

Cabin fever? Not me... Hedges Pond was about half open today, more than enough to fish.

Caught 3 SMB, all around 2# and a fat perch weighing 1-2.

Yep, there’s open water ...

lol that's awesome , I just haven't even thought about going out yet. Just stocking up on supplies and new rod and reel!

Posted Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 am

Mostly all the cape ponds are open is the last report I got over the weekend ,going to be heading down for a trip soon can't wait much longer

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:33 am

Everything I drove by yesterday on the South Shore was open. I'm headed to Hedges Pond with a friend's son today to get him some SMB.

Last edited by dogbone_384 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am

been open water fishing for the past few weeks, ITS GAME TIME!!

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 am

Have you made it to any down there???

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

Global warming down there ! Ice is melting but has a ways to go. Pics are from Marlborough.

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:07 pm

twitch13

Have you made it to any down there???

I’ve fished Hedges in Plymouth and Hinckley’s in Harwich in Jan & Feb this year.

SMB are active where I’ve logged surface temps at 40.x or above. I fished Harwich on Feb 1st where water temps were 36.x and perch were the only players.

Hedges showed 43.x all day. I bagged 3 SMB. All you need to bring is a blade bait.

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:35 pm

west to Plymouth yesterday for a few hours ended up with 8 bass,5 pickerel and a crappie water was 45.5 not too bad for 1st time out biggest bass was probably 2 3/4 lbs

Posted Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:14 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links