They stocked the lake a few days ago so I tied up a couple of size 12 green woolly buggers and fished the South East corner of the pond for a few hours today. I didn't catch a damned thing. The conditions weren't bad. There was a stiff breeze blowing from the west so I had the wind in my face for the entire hour I was there, but it was manageble. Just had to concentrate on the cast and maintain line control. I think I should have added a little weight to the streamer. Maybe add brass bead head to get it closer to the bottom.

I didn't see any rises so maybe they haven't migrated from the boat ramp, which is where I think they throw them in.

Posted Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Tuff day, but looks like a nice pond.

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:51 pm

stump

Tuff day, but looks like a nice pond.

Hey Stump,

Lake Dennison is a nice pond. I've been fishing it for decades. I have tons of memories of camping with my daughters and fishing with my brothers Pat and Ray.

I fished it again today and only caught a small LM but saw a few trout rise so they should be biting in my favorite spots soon. I usually do very well with stocked trout through October and November as long as I put in the time. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of fish eventually. Tight lines as they say.

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:26 pm

I dont mind the wind. Its the heat from the sun that I hate the most. This is why I always bring a bucket hat with me. Having a fishing hat helps make me wade in the water a bit longer under the sun. If anyone is looking to get a new fishing hat, you should find more information in this website.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links