Add to Favorites

MA Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Short Lake Dennison Trip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crabbybob
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 18

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Short Lake Dennison Trip Reply with quote

They stocked the lake a few days ago so I tied up a couple of size 12 green woolly buggers and fished the South East corner of the pond for a few hours today. I didn't catch a damned thing. The conditions weren't bad. There was a stiff breeze blowing from the west so I had the wind in my face for the entire hour I was there, but it was manageble. Just had to concentrate on the cast and maintain line control. I think I should have added a little weight to the streamer. Maybe add brass bead head to get it closer to the bottom.

I didn't see any rises so maybe they haven't migrated from the boat ramp, which is where I think they throw them in.

stump
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 597

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuff day, but looks like a nice pond.
crabbybob
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stump wrote:
Tuff day, but looks like a nice pond.

Hey Stump,

Lake Dennison is a nice pond. I've been fishing it for decades. I have tons of memories of camping with my daughters and fishing with my brothers Pat and Ray.

I fished it again today and only caught a small LM but saw a few trout rise so they should be biting in my favorite spots soon. I usually do very well with stocked trout through October and November as long as I put in the time. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of fish eventually. Tight lines as they say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Fly Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: