Any one fishing at South Watuppa - Fall River . I fish here the first time on my kayak and the water was very calm and caught 7 white perch in a row using a lipless crank bait lite blue with red eyes my son caught a 1lb7oz crappie with live bait using mumphers.
I hear there are large mouth bass and smallies here but have not seen to find them , planning on taking my son with his kayak to try again I hope it's not a windy day.

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Black senkos rigged wacky style have worked for me. What I like there best is a ball head finesse jig with a small natural craw trailer dragged slowly over the rocky bottom. Use the lightest weight you can, which will depend on the wind 3/16 & 5/16 oz. I like Skinny Bear jigs, or Eakins finesse jigs (black/blue). Tube baits seem to get snagged much easier here. I also prefer 17 lb mono line. The heavy line is necessary for the rocks and adds sensitivity, but I find flourocarbon to be too sensitive. You want to concentrate on fishing the areas that have larger submerged rock piles. I fish to the right of the boat ramp.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:35 pm

I was using a red eye lip less crank bait {lite blue color} an the white perch were hitting it hard I caught 7 in a row again on the right of the boat ram way back inside , I also lost a 3lb bass with the same lure when I reel him in next to my yak an he shook off.
Thanks for the reply going to have to try the ball head finesse jig's an my craw trailer's on my jig's .

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 am

Her is a story , My son an I hit the lake here again at 7:30 am ,he was using muphers an I my lip less crank bait an were fishing far right side of the boat ramp . My son has a bobber on his 10lb mono line an he yells fish on!! an I see his kayak spin around an his line breaks!! I got upset because it was my favorite wobo bobber an I see it floating so I grab the line by hand an again it breaks after the bobber. We waited for around 10mins or so to set up his pole again and to my surprise 10 feet away from us the bobber pops up again this time I use my braid line with my crank bait an cast beyond the bobber an reel in slow an next to the bobber an wam!! I snag some thing!! I reel in a 4lb 47oz pike!! an got my bobber back with hook line an sinker!!

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:37 pm

inkslinger

Her is a story , My son an I hit the lake here again at 7:30 am ,he was using muphers an I my lip less crank bait an were fishing far right side of the boat ramp . My son has a bobber on his 10lb mono line an he yells fish on!! an I see his kayak spin around an his line breaks!! I got upset because it was my favorite wobo bobber an I see it floating so I grab the line by hand an again it breaks after the bobber. We waited for around 10mins or so to set up his pole again and to my surprise 10 feet away from us the bobber pops up again this time I use my braid line with my crank bait an cast beyond the bobber an reel in slow an next to the bobber an wam!! I snag some thing!! I reel in a 4lb 47oz pike!! an got my bobber back with hook line an sinker!!

Picture?

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:46 pm

There are no pike in Wattuppa it was either a pickerel or a tiger musky just for your info ok

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Why does it says Northern Pike here http://www.lakefrontliving.com/ma/south-watuppa-pond/
and every where else I read about this Pond Fish Species: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Muskie, Northern Pike, Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, White Perch, Brown Bullhead, Sunfish, Bluegill, Golden Shiner?
I know it was no Musky an may be a large Pickerel{first time ever to see one this big for me } I got "Slime good! It was fun! But to me it look like a Northern Pike.

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 am

inkslinger

Why does it says Northern Pike here http://www.lakefrontliving.com/ma/south-watuppa-pond/
and every where else I read about this Pond Fish Species: Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Muskie, Northern Pike, Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, White Perch, Brown Bullhead, Sunfish, Bluegill, Golden Shiner?
I know it was no Musky an may be a large Pickerel{first time ever to see one this big for me } I got "Slime good! It was fun! But to me it look like a Northern Pike.

Did it look like a darker green color or a sort of beige color?

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:45 am

It was no beige color Musky it was darker green

Posted Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:12 pm

we went fishing Sat. very foggy out in the morning .
My son caught most all the fish, the biggest was a 5lb 43oz pickerel and 3 that were around 3lb 50oz his bass was 2lb 37oz , my bass was only 1lb 55oz.

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links