Anybody fish Spot Pond lately? Haven't been there in a few years, but used to catch some monsters (5-9 pounds) in there by hiking around the pond (starting at Straw Point) and throwing a 4 inch black senko. Big smallies in there as well, as the lake is stuffed with crawfish. I once caught a 5.5 pound smallie on a live crawfish under a bobber...

If anybody would like to share any reports, "hot-spots", or good baits/lures, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm new to this area, but Spot Pond was actually one of the first ponds I fished. I was there a couple weeks ago, over by the Zoo. Got a few small bass (LMB+SMB) and a 2 pound largemouth. I was using a jig and dragging it, but its mostly sightfishing. a guy told me he got a 11.75 out of there, but I'm not sure if I can believe it!!

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:19 am

There's definatly big big bass in there but with limited access to the deeper water and shoreline I'm sure there's fish over 10 lbs+ in there maybe even the state record but presentation is everything because of the ultra clear water good luck

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm

There's definatly big big bass in there but with limited access to the deeper water and shoreline I'm sure there's fish over 10 lbs+ in there maybe even the state record but presentation is everything because of the ultra clear water good luck

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:02 pm

I have heard the 11 lb bass story. This guy tells anyone who will listen. I think hes full of s*** and caught a 6 lb tops and let his imagination run wild.

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Missing teeth, bass pro jacket with a thousand patches on it and thinks he's a epo? Yea I've heard that story too but it was 13 on a chartreuse spinnerbait last time lol

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Lol, I actually have heard the 11 pounder story again from some old guy fishing over by Straw Point. I'm not doubting that there are 10 pounders in there, but lets just say he didnt seem to be the most, er.., credible person. I usually use braided line with a long light leader, because, yes, the water is crystal clear. I was there today and a black senko produced a few nice bass on the 93 side.[/quote]

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links