Packed it in for this season of kayak fishing. The bite is slowing down and the effort is outweiging the results. Also looks like the weather is going to crap out quite soon. Really dread the thought of going ice fishing! Sad

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:24 pm

dude the season i had, this whole year the effort has outweighed my results, worst season ever.

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Yeah, it was a weird season. One 5lbr was my biggest. The fall bite never really kicked in. s*** happens Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Being my first season ever fishing in Massachusetts, I had no clue what to expect. I had fun this year, certainly wouldn't say I was a "bass slayer" by any means. I am happy I found this site. The pictures and the stories pretty much kept me motivated all year long. My last outing was last Saturday and it was cold and all I caught was two pickerel. So, my kayak is on the wall for the winter. Pulled the snowblower out of the shed and got it ready for the winter season. Still am not ready to prep the Harley for the winter, but I know I will be doing that soon too.
All I can say is when does the spring bass fishing season start....I am so looking forward to a full season of fishing next year!!!

Thanks you all of you!!!

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:26 pm

I didn't have any big bass this year, but I did catch more bass between 2 and 4 pounds than I ever have before. I did pretty well trolling for trout too. Not my best season, but overall, a pretty decent one.

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:34 pm

It's been a tough year, that's for sure. Weird weather, tough bites, places like the Charles in Waltham not fishing at all like they have in the past. Just a weird year all around.

My biggest was 6.03, and that came early. It was all downhill from there. Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:18 pm

fdw9652

Being my first season ever fishing in Massachusetts
All I can say is when does the spring bass fishing season start....I

There is no closed season. Right after ice out or as soon as you can find a big enough opening! Laughing

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:36 am

Don't put your stuff away yet. The reaction bite will be picking up any day now. You need a good cold snap or 2 to get it going. Good news is the long range forcast is for a warmer then normal end to November after this cold snap..... Jerk, jerk, pause!!!I'm On!!!

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 am

Very strange year for me too. Spring started out great with a PB 7lb 7oz pig. Pretty much down hill from there. This Fall has been my worst that I can remember. Oh, well, won't give up till the water gets crunchy. Hate the ice,

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 pm

I've had some really good days with trout this year (some bad days too) but only caught three stripers in three times as many trips (admittedly did not get out to fish all that often due to work obligations). I think I went out for bass maybe three times but no PBs. My only trip to the Charles I ended up IN the Charles when I flipped my yak during the MAFF tournament. Too bad because I had identified a pattern and was starting to catch some fish. Only one trip to Ponki this year, completely abnormal for me. Most of my time has been spent fly fishing. Right now I'm focusing on the trout waters before they harden up; a strategy that's been paying off even though the price is frozen toes.

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Caught only one bass in fresh water .One too many .Thanks to Bassturds LOL ... Surprised i didnt catch more by accident ... Boats are put up and cant wait for hard water !!!

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:21 pm

your welcome. LMAO!

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:39 am

4.12 my best bass. Admittidly I targeted different fish and didn't fish for bass as much. Did get my pb smallie at 3.5 and pb laker at 13.5. Also caught my first carp. Other than that a down year. My fav spot just wasn't giving it up.

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:00 pm

caught my PB salmon 30.4lbser and my first ever salmon.
beat my PB brown a few times. back to back 5lbsers. 8 lbser then 14.1 lbs

bass bad. 1 4.10lbs 1 5.14, 1 6.1

smallie only weighed 1 at 3.5

BRING ON THE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREEZE DAMN IT. FREEZE !!!

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:21 pm

This year was pretty rough for me. All 3 of my biggest bass in 2014 came through the ice with the biggest being just shy of 7.

Biggest open water bass was just under 5 and I fished almost every day.

I did get my first ever laker, pike, and double digit carp. I also killed the trout game earlier in the year.

Now I'm just waiting on the ice...

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links