anyone have any experience with the Garmin Striker 4dv

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-water/fishfinders/striker-4dv/prod528816.html

Looks like it is just what I need. My question is : It comes with a t20 transducer , says for HD I should upgrade to a t22 or t23 which cost more than the unit itself. Will I be ok as an entry level electronic user with the t20 transducer that it comes with . Screen shots look pretty good, I like that it has all 3 in one(sonar, Dv, GPS) for $179

Posted Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 am

i was looking at reviews about it, i heard the DV and SV are so clear on the garmin

Posted Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:02 pm

i've been looking at all the brands, and i keep hearing the same thing , that garmin has excellent images....i'm looking at the striker 7 for my bass boat, and the reviews are great for the 4dv as well...i may put that on my 12'

Posted Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:26 pm

My Personal experience Lowrance has the easiest control panel. Push enter get a menu screen. push menu get the other options screen that's it . There's no 4 set process to change any settings or bottom scan. My lowrance is 3 years old and it can detect cod in 100 feet of water

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 am

got the elite 7x for sonar and down image ...been watchin e-bay and will pick up a gen 2 for side image - would like to get the touch so i don't need the structure scan box ( still have to get the transducer) but if i can get the seperate pieces used and cheap , i'll go that way...especially for a bigger screen...i'll put that on the dash next to the 7x i have so i can have all the images going... the striker 7 will go up front

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:44 am

The gen 2 touch is on sale everywhere. I got a 12 for 1500 brand new. I already have a 7 with the side scan. It's a cool technology but like anything else takes some getting used to

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:33 am

that's a good price for any 12 inch ...in a store or online?

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Getfeetwet.com

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:32 pm

thanks...i'll check it out

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links