what's the hot set up for throwing rubber in spinning rods with out braking the bank need input I have Fenwick right now but out dated..

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 am

Best bang for the buck Wal-Mart ugly stick lite pro $37

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

Quantum Escalade is a good rod for the money.... I got one last year for $50. Served me well last year with no problems at all.

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:03 pm

You don't mention what you plan to use them on or what you wnat to throw with it. That said, I've fallen in love with the Berkley Lightening Shock series over the last year. Very capable rod that is very lightweight but powerful. $39 at wallmart in any size/weight. FWIW, the 6'6" Med is my favorite for largemouth fishing but I ended up with several of each. To me, they outperform rods costing twice as much.

If you need a reel, consider the Pflueger President series. 10BB , silky smooth action and drag. Braid read for about $50. ( You can also buy it as part of a package with like branded, and very nice rod for about $75.)

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:37 pm

whats the budget. breaking the bank depends on your bank.

but I got one these Fenwicks last year and I love it. I was really inot Tennessee handle spinning rods but cant find them anymore so I am stuck trying find closest think i can in normal handle.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Fenwick_Elite_Tech_Bass_Spinning_Rods/descpage-FFGD.html

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:47 pm

thanks for all the input budget around 100 150 .using for senko and other rubber baits tackle warehouse is a great place Fenwicks makes a nice glass rod..

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:08 pm

ducketts on ebay!!

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm with ya with the Berkley rods.... I have a spinning and a casting rod. Have to be a little careful with them though. The inserts in the eyelets break pretty easy and then the sharp edges shred mono and clip braid right off. I'm hoping I got a reject, but that is exactly what happened with my 6'6 casting rod. The action and backbone is great in them both.

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:27 pm

fdw9652

I'm with ya with the Berkley rods.... I have a spinning and a casting rod. Have to be a little careful with them though. The inserts in the eyelets break pretty easy and then the sharp edges shred mono and clip braid right off. I'm hoping I got a reject, but that is exactly what happened with my 6'6 casting rod. The action and backbone is great in them both.

I'm hoping yours was defective. I ended up with 9 of these. It's only been one season but I used them hard. Three or four on a trip, once or twice a week. They were always beating around the floor of the canoe or truck. FWIW, the thing I like best (over the weight) is that while they have backbone, they still have some give in the tip so they load easily. Many rods today have all the action of a phone pole.

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Shock is notorious for breaking line.

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Berkley has always made some good (and good priced) rods. I used to use the Lightning Rods back in the day. They were tougher than hell back then. I like my Shock rods, but like my Abu Garcia Veritas 2.0 and Vendetta Rods a little better. There are so many brands and types out there, it really becomes personal preference and what a person can afford. I have gone from Berkley, to Abu Garcia to Lews. They all work, the important thing is to get out there and enjoy it. Keep an eye on those eyelet inserts on the Shock and you should be fine.

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links