We pay our fees for license's, the state takes our money, but where is the enforcement of regulations? Each day I fish Jamaica Pond, the same guy has 5 rods in the water, when he gets the limit of trout, he bags them and takes them to his car and continues taking trout. Every day for 5 days, and not one whiff of anyone from enforcement.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 pm

They can't be everywhere. Just as Shawn said, drop a dime.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Spare change.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:51 pm

You're just as guilty if you stand there and watch it unfold as you say you do, everyday and don't report it. Let the good guys know what is going on and you've done your civic duty! Good luck!

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Yes like they said. Don't think its being a rat. We paid for those fish. I think it is our duty to report anything fishy. Pun intended!

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:44 pm

185photos

We pay our fees for license's, the state takes our money, but where is the enforcement of regulations? Each day I fish Jamaica Pond, the same guy has 5 rods in the water, when he gets the limit of trout, he bags them and takes them to his car and continues taking trout. Every day for 5 days, and not one whiff of anyone from enforcement.

at any time while observing this, did you call the EPO? if you saw this every day for 5 days, you should have called each day. if you never called, you have nothing to complain about. EPO doesn't know if someone doesn't tell them. as stated earlier, they can't be everywhere.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 pm

I've seen the same bullshit happen at Louisa Lake in Milford and at Ashland Res. Some old clown taking 10 trout on his stringer bragging the whole way to the parking lot to any swinging dick he could see.

I called the fish and game warden each time I've seen that junk and not once have they come over to investigate.

Milford is full of (illegal?) immigrants and most of them probably don't have a license. I've seen them take home a literal trash bags full of stockies, fish 4 rods to a person, and throw diapers in the lake. The town cops post up in the parking lot now but that was after I bitched to chief.

It's a plague. Just punch the a***** in the mouth. Might be more effective.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:38 pm

I've seen the same bullshit happen at Louisa Lake in Milford and at Ashland Res. Some old clown taking 10 trout on his stringer bragging the whole way to the parking lot to any swinging dick he could see.

I called the fish and game warden each time I've seen that junk and not once have they come over to investigate.

Milford is full of (illegal?) immigrants and most of them probably don't have a license. I've seen them take home a literal trash bags full of stockies, fish 4 rods to a person, and throw diapers in the lake. The town cops post up in the parking lot now but that was after I bitched to chief.

It's a plague. Just punch the a***** in the mouth. Might be more effective.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:39 pm

i'm surprised about JP. every time i've been there people were walking around checking licenses, especially after it was freshly stocked.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Agree with everyone above. I live in Somerville, I'll come down to JP and help you out if the problem can't be resolved legally. I've got more experience than I wish I did confronting people over doing things like throwing trash in a pond or taking more than the limit or keeping undersized fish. Another fun route to go is start taking pictures and/or filming him with your phone.

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Don't they have rangers on duty there with some enforcement powers? You should have been able to find one of them within 5 days! Idea

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 am

but those stocked trout are doomed... Be it some local idiot or the bullheads and turtles being fed trout dinners by the MA Fish and Game folks (with our money).

I don't get worked up over it. I'd rather cut a trout up for a big bullhead or try to liveline a small one for a monster pickerel.

If the MA Fish and Game folks stocked real game fish, not every dipsh#t with some power bait would be able to fill up a cooler with fish.

I'm not hating on trout fishing... I'd like to see stocked fish have a shot.

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 am

live4fish

but those stocked trout are doomed... Be it some local idiot or the bullheads and turtles being fed trout dinners by the MA Fish and Game folks (with our money).

I don't get worked up over it. I'd rather cut a trout up for a big bullhead or try to liveline a small one for a monster pickerel.

If the MA Fish and Game folks stocked real game fish, not every dipsh#t with some power bait would be able to fill up a cooler with fish.

I'm not hating on trout fishing... I'd like to see stocked fish have a shot.

While its true that some stocked trout are doomed, a lot of stocked trout go into lakes where they can hold over and grow into real trophies. Some kid caught a 6.5 pounder out of Ashland - that fish been there for awhile. Those holdovers establish breeding populations.

The point of the matter is that people should buy a license and play by the rules regardless if they're seen as trivial or disagrable.

Oh MA Fish and Game used to stock muskie and pike but stopped due to financial reasons. Maybe if more people bought a license..

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 am

don51

Don't they have rangers on duty there with some enforcement powers? You should have been able to find one of them within 5 days! Idea

not one around, email sent, unanswered, call later

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links