I recently got a kayak, and as of now, have been putting it in my truck to transport it. But my truck is getting worked on for a week, so I'm gonna be limited to my stationwagon for a while. I want to bring my yak down the street to a local pond, literally 3 minutes away. So whats the best way to transport a kayak for a really quick drive, that is quick and easy?

Thanks, Troy

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Does the wagon have a roof rack? You could tie it to those with some rope.

If not, since its such a short drive you can just put it on a blanket or some foam blocks and tie it to the roof directly with the doors open and then close them.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks for the advice. It does have a roof rack, but the towel idea seems really quick since its so close.

Thanks

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 pm

If u have a station wagon n your not going far just fold the back seat down n slide it in,bungee the hatch closed but put a towel or pillow where hatch hits yak so u don't get rub marks

Posted Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 am

If u have a station wagon n your not going far just fold the back seat down n slide it in,bungee the hatch closed but put a towel or pillow where hatch hits yak so u don't get rub marks

Posted Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links