I need some advice on keeping my trolling motor working in the weeds. I just bought a new MinnKota 40 lb thrust with a 36 inch shaft for my 14 Jon boat. the motor works great with plenty of power. I have a bow mount for the trolling motor. I fish in Westboro at Stump Pond(A1 Site), and there are lots of weeds there. Has anyone had any luck with the Mosshawg blade system that is attached to the lower unit of a trolling motor? I was at the A1 site and noticed a small pond prowler boat that seemed to have no issues with their trolling motor in the weeds. Does anyone have other solutions for the weeds that clog up the trolling motor? thanks. Question

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 pm

I just started using the grass ninja last week. Totally worth the 30 bucks. I was going through some stringy weeds grass and pads that would normally make me stop to clear the motor like every 10 feet. I think I cleared it 3 times. It's awesome

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm

shawneramone

I just started using the grass ninja last week. Totally worth the 30 bucks. I was going through some stringy weeds grass and pads that would normally make me stop to clear the motor like every 10 feet. I think I cleared it 3 times. It's awesome

Funny you mention this. I just installed mine last week. I have yet to encounter conditions to give it a good workout but that should change soon.

Posted Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:32 am

Weed kills everywhere!!

Posted Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Grass ninja is definitely the way to go, they also have a thing called the weed chopper which is cool for the hydrilla but price is pretty crazy right now

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:46 am

shawneramone

Weed kills everywhere!!

They bombed my favorite pond/river. I mean BOMBED Killed the coontail and even the pads and emergent arrowheads. Basically any living plant that touched the water is dead. IDK how they get away with that. They are only supposed to be allowed to kill invasives. Pads and arrowheads are not invasive.

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:09 am

You mean your grudge match place? Went there and it got absolutely nuked. Think chocolate milk and absolutely nothing left. Went to a place down south specifically to punch and it also had absolutely nothing.

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:17 am

shawneramone

thanks for the info Shawn, I will be placing an order for one, it will be a big help in the weeds.

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links