This past Saturday the third tourney of the UBFL season got under away on Peters Pond in Sandwich Throwing out the ceremonial first cast was the veteran UBFL tourney team " Boys from Bedrock". Mike Wells and Jeff Portela. They have been great supporters of the UBFL and as such was asked to hand pick a lake for a spring tourney on the Cape. I think we would all say that they made a very good choice as the boys of the UBFL put a serious hurt on some Peters Pond Smallmouth lips this week. Thank you from all of us on your great choice.

The conditions in the morning were perfect for bed fishing as our boats fanned out across the pond. There was no lack of action as rods were bending almost immediately. The majority of the fish were Smallies caught off beds in the 2.5 pond class....... with a dozen or so over3 pounds, and a few more over 4. The usual arsenals of jigs were used for the majority of the fish caught. I would have to say that fishing was outstanding for everyone.

Taking home "The Belt" this week and our third different winner this year was the veteran "StratRat" team of Rich "Stratos" Leblanc (not to be confused with laBlanked because.....)and Tom "T-Rat" Gangemi. The veteran anglers found the big fish early on and filled a bag within 30 minutes..... anchored early on by a 4.11oz Greenback . They used the rest of the day and another 25 fish to upgrade to the very impressive winning weight of 19lbs. This weight eclipsed the prior UBFL record weight of 18.8 weighed last year at Dudley Pond. It also eclipsed the second place team by almost 6 lbs. Impressive fishing by the "StratRat" team. Good job guys.

On a side note. It's no surprise to most locals that Richs team won. He's known to all as a very good fisherman. He's also been a big factor in the fishing scene in Mass for a long time......... from giving advice, running tourneys, producing Tsunamis, being a good guy to many of us, and to his overall good nature.....Thanks from everyone in The UBFL for you contributions Rich!

6 other teams came in within a pound of each other for second place. Squeaking out the second place scratch was the hosts for this weeks party "The Boys from Bedrock" Mike "Fred" Wells and Jeff "Barney' Portela are always near the top of the standings and used there talents to weed through approximately 30 fish to bring in a weight of 13.11 Lbs. These guys get the "Good Guys of the week" award for helping a few teams better understand the bed-fishing technique that led to smallie smiles for many. I know it was new to a number of teams including me and they helped us at the possible expense of more weight for them. Thanks guys!

Coming in Third by a very narrow amount was the "Young Guns" team of Griffin "Bonefish" Bailey and Nick "The Lucky King" Queen. Lucky because the difference in weight was the nasty growth on that basses forehead was the difference........This marks the third tourney this year a member of the Bailey brood takes home some scratch.....No surprise to anyone here. Bluegill and King are a good team of young fisherman who will be in the scene for years to come........Way to go boys!

Taking home the bragging rights this for big fish was the "Stratrat" team who brought to scale a largemouth weighing 4.11. Stratos and T-Rat said the Perch Pouncer was caught on a jig but rumor is that he caught it on a #2 Mepps spinner with a flaming pink spinner blade...sorry Rich,.....the secrets out.

Tight lines!

Posted Wed May 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Nice win!!!!

Posted Wed May 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Rigged! Very Happy Nice job guys!

Posted Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Bump. I am the best and this is not getting enough attention. Heap Praise on me dam it!!!

Posted Fri May 20, 2016 5:38 pm

bedfisher

Posted Fri May 20, 2016 6:10 pm

oldfisher

bedfisher

Posted Sat May 21, 2016 9:48 am

stratos1966

Bump. I am the best and this is not getting enough attention. Heap Praise on me dam it!!!

Strato douche

Posted Sat May 21, 2016 10:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links