I've tried searching online for a depth chart for Sudbury Reservoir, but I could only find the average and max depth in writing. Anybody know where I can find the actual map? Thanks

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:00 am

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Better than nothing! Thanks man

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:06 am

Depth charts of the rez are going to be of limited utility since you can only fish as far as you can cast since it's shore fishing only.

That said, any info is good.

I fish the north side of the rez a lot and there are some areas with a decent dropoff within reasonable casting range.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:54 am

The drop offs close to shore are what I'm looking for. I usually Park on acre bridge rd. I've always fished for largemouth and I'm looking to catch some fall smallies.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Try off white bagley or off rt30 causeway that's were I've landed some smallies. Also heard they are caught near 911 field. I've caught many there but still looking for some over 4Lb about a smudge over 3 is my best here. Try spooks for the smallies. Lost a decent one burning a worm off 85 the other day lol good luck let me know if u find any good ones. They like to stay deep in the sud

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm tempted to buy one of those cast able depth finders I fish sud a lot and it would be nice to know drop offs. I do know some submerged islands but would like to know more

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Sign up for insight genesis go to their social maps and they have about a third of it mapped.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks for the advice strangely enough most of the parts they have plotted u can't cast to or would be a hell of a walk lol.

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:55 pm

I have never fished the Sudbury Reservoir. Is there any locations on that reservoir that are off-limits like Wachusett (northern end)?

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:09 pm

There's a map online that shows the no fishing zone - basically, it's near the dam on Rte 30 in Southborough, so if you fish the north side of the rez you're fine.

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links