Massachusetts Kayak Bassin' is looking for six more anglers for this year's Knockout Series. If you want in, post below or comment on the pinned post on our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/makayakbassin

If you're not familiar with what the Knockout Series is, it's a bracketed, three-fish limit, CPR (catch, photo, release), one-on-one tournament series. You fish until you’re knocked out of the competition!

(Yeah, yeah, same format as the Grudge Match Series. Rich is aware. No need to be a whiny turd and claim that we "stole" the idea.)

Entry fee is a one-time, non-refundable (after March 14, 2017) payment of $50. Payments can be made via PayPal (preferred) or by check/money order. Message me here or on Facebook for my address if mailing a check or for my e-mail address if you want to send payment via PayPal.

Check/money order payments must be received by March 1, 2017. Cutoff for PayPal payments is midnight March 14, 2017. NO EXCEPTIONS! Pairings will be selected the following day

Anglers will be randomly paired to start and beginning on April 1 will have one month to six weeks (depending on how many anglers sign up) to get their match complete.

Each round will run for six weeks, starting April 1 (depending on ice out) until all matches are complete. The exact time periods are as follows:

Round 1: Apr 1–May 12
Round 2: May 13–Jun 23
Round 3: Jun 24–Aug 4
Round 4: Aug 5–Sep 15 (last round with 16 anglers)
Round 5: Sep 16–Oct 28 (last round with 32 anglers)

Winners of each round move on until one angler remains victorious above all others.

We need 16 anglers minimum and will cap it at 32. We currently have 26.

You can find the official rules and FAQs by clicking on the FILES section at the top of the Facebook group page. Please note that the rules for the Knockout Series are more relaxed than those for our regular tournaments. If you plan to fish both series, make sure you know the rules.

If I've missed anything or you have questions, comment below.

Last edited by kenwood on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 am

Ken, can you sign me up for the Knockout Series? PM me your address and I will send you over a check. Thanks, looking forward to this series.

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:25 am

kfrabass

Ken, can you sign me up for the Knockout Series? PM me your address and I will send you over a check. Thanks, looking forward to this series.

Yes, sir!

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Sign me up please. I just need the email for paypal. Thanks

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 am

lifted

Sign me up please. I just need the email for paypal. Thanks

Awesome! Sent you a PM.

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 am

We're looking for two more. =)

Posted Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 am

Still looking for a few more. Every time someone says they're in, someone says they're out. Haha. Luckily all but one are paid up, so I don't expect anyone else to back out. =)

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links