just wondering why not too many people post on this site anymore or is it just the bass fishing forum that gets no post? just curious ?

Posted Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Ken Wood and the kayakers have moved on to other kayaking forums. They were big contributors to the site. A lot of the other guys I think just got fed up with the bickering that developed. There were a few nasty s*** shows! Rolling Eyes

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:37 am

My opinion on this is we're running out of new fisherman. when I first found this site about 5 years ago I was a newbie to fishing. I thought this site was great and still is! Asking questions or just trolling around to find all kinds of info from tackle, techniques and fishing holes. That's when I started posting my own trips. Now that I've got the hang of things and became a professional Kayak angler Very Happy I don't post as much. So I've always thought it was more of a newbie thing with the exception of tournaments. Question Either that or we're all just getting old and kids just use there phones with an app ! lol

Posted Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm

I agree with Stump that it is sort of for people just getting started, or maybe have moved to a new area and are looking for some tips or tricks that work there to get them on the fish. Once you feel comfortable and have confidence you start trying different things and going to new places.

I will also float the idea that Massachusetts (well anything basically East of Worcester) is heavily fished. Even places that I have walked through brush, over streams, dragged my yak in, have still had people at them (I always find trash). Most of us, once we have a spot or a couple, would defend the secret with our life. Some days you only have an hour or two and just need a fish. We all have a spot that we can go to and catch something. Might not break the scale, but action is action.

While I'm not advocating that we keep everything secret, we all know what a spot looks like after someone posts a picture of a giant caught at Attitash or a huge laker gets pulled from the Chu......lots of malboro packs and some bud light cans, maybe a fire, obviously some dunkin donuts gear.

I know just in my limited experience with this site I have had a spot burned. I posted it to general instead of a DM to a trusted person. Anyone can search our forums and find out all the info they need to do whatever they want at our honey hole.

I am always open to sharing, especially a trade off!......but trusting that they person being told of the secret will respect it the same way as you do is a must.....and what I feel is the biggest reason this site is dead. That, and the fact that this looks like and Angel Fire page from '97.

Edited: This is not my first account.....Thank you to the people who DID trust me enough when I first started to share some spots/techniques with me through DM and get me started.

Posted Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Well said you Kayakinfool ! I agree, people can suc, you need to weed them out and find the good ones.

Help clean up
http://www.mafishfinder.com/view_photo_details.php?id=52522&pid=4

Posted Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Hey Bruce, thanks for cleaning up my pond. I got
a 4.25 out of there a couple of weeks ago.

Posted Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Oldfisher! nice to see you out at the mud hole. It's pretty stinky there now. Did some shore fishing there twice with no luck, just trash. Been messen with jigs, big swim baits and top water. Having a blast, good summer.

Posted Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links