Special thanks to maaf for introducing me to the great Muskie. His words of wisdom never rang truer than today. He says u have to put in your time with the Chu. I am if nothing else stubborn. I fished the chu for almost 2 yrs b4 I caught my first fish. Today was the day everything Muskie taught me came together in the perfect storm. Decided to give the summer bite a try. Wasn't expecting much not exactly laker weather. Was using big podie shiners I caught myself. Muskie always says big bait big fish. Bumped into Tomp he didn't recognize me without the beard. We tossed some lures to the far left of my pole. It was getting to be that time Tomp said he was leaving so we started walking back toward my live bait pole. All of a sudden wham the line flys out of my reel at an alarming rate! Sweet I have a runner. It was pulling line so fast I was affraid to flip bail. Eventually crossed my fingers and flipped bail. Fish on! Damn I say this is big.drag was strong and fish was still pulling drag.It was all my 9ft pole could take. Used every in of leverage n this fish was still not coming up.after what seemed like eternity I see the head. It is the size of a football! This thing looked like jaws coming on shore. Tried to revive him to no avail. Pin Laker a whopping 13.5 my first official pin fish!

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Also thanks for everything you did to help get the fish to the tackle shop.

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:29 pm

*Tomp

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Nice to have a front row seat for this!! What a beast!! I can vouch for A+ for effort on the release. I'll post up pictures later today.

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links