I just moved to Waltham. I am on River street near the Shaws. I don't mind walking a few miles to find a good place. Does anyone know any good spots for bass. Also does anyone know any sources of water in the area fresh enough to eat fish from that isn't the Charles. Surprised Also I used to have a lot of fishing buddies down at the pond where I used to live but alas I have moved too far since I don't drive. Is there any nice groups of people that might want to let me tag along sometime. Go Fish

Posted Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Right behind shaws you have "da rivah"

give it a try for miles and miles.. Wink

some smallies in there too!

try froggin the pads ,senko and jig

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:00 am

Welcome to the area.

You are actually near some very good bass fishing locations along the Charles River. Be aware however that the sections of the river near you are mostly over grown with trees and brush.

The Woerd Ave boat launch is a popular place to fish even if you don't have a boat.

If you are looking for a fishing buddy send me a PM. I can show you fishing areas local to you.

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 am

If you live near Shaw's head behind Russo's market and the parking lot next door to it. Lots of access there and if you don't mind walking
you can cross the street at the car wash and walk the river walk.
Lots of places along there you can follow it down to to the foot
behind the pool jut before the falls.
Like the Mike(the Guru Smile said frog it,senco it, and jig jig jig jig jig it..
"DA- Rivah"

as for eating fish go into Shaw's Shocked

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes. Shaws has plenty of fish but the don't sell freshwater bass and crappie. Anyone know a good area you can find clean ones to eat. Yes I noticed there is a lot of water behind shaws that looks viable. I was thinking about checking out the Moody street part of the river. I used to fish down by that factory building when I was a kid. I forget the name. I'll try over by Russos since I've been meaning to hit up their market.

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 pm

You are talking about the old watch factory lots of spots there
for bass and crappie. No walking distance for clean eating fish.

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links