Mad Make a trip to Billigton Sea. Hear all kinds of good things. Need a change of scenery. Drive all the way there.....road to boat launch is gated. Wtf. Call police station and ask if there is another access, they tell me to call the harbor master. So we are there... lets find another place near by. Go to Long Pond. Should have just went home. Place is like fishing out in the atlantic. No grass, no weeds, no pads. No bites. Just deep water and alot of drop offs. Barely marked any fish. Should have stayed in bed.

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:06 pm

That sucks, never heard of gate being closed at Billington.

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Did you call the Harbor Master, LOL? Sorry, I chuckle every time I hear that title on lakes and ponds! Very Happy

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:48 pm

No...haha. I did say to the cop, I said Billington Sea, as in the lake, not the ocean Rolling Eyes

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:38 pm

I went to this tiny wide open pond 3 weeks ago and there was a little kid watching us load our topper into the water and talking to us. Out of nowhere he mentions the pond's Harbor Master and that he was a mean guy. I had to laugh, because I get a kick out of the types of people who dub themselves with this title!

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Not familiar with any gate on that dirt road to BS. Did you go in through Morton Park or the back way?

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:13 pm

don51

Not familiar with any gate on that dirt road to BS. Did you go in through Morton Park or the back way?

You know what Don, I was thinking the same thing. I haven't been there in awhile, but I only remember driving by a small shack and no gate, then the dirt road up to the lake. Sounds like he went to the wrong side but I haven't been there in a few years.

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Went through Morton Park. Was told there was also a launch on North side.... couldnt find it on google.

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Ok, I'm guessing when you went into Morton Park you veered off to the right. The access road along the west side of the pond is gated off because the road is in bad shape. If you went to the left as you approached the pond it will take you around to the launch. There are no gates on that side of the pond unless they are something new. Yes, you would be launching on the north side of BS.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:14 am

Don I think you got it right, I've only been down there once this year to check and see if the ice was gone and I couldn't remember any gates.Another reason too never throw out my old map books,GPS is wrong sometimes.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 am

I posted yesterday again but it is missing?? Went back and looked at google maps and realized i went right down little pond rd. Should have went left. My reception wasnt the greatest and i was so flustered i should have figured it out when i left. Cant believe the cops couldnt answer my question....dumb asses. Thanks for the replies. Also... how is bs.... is there qeeds grass and pads????

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:25 am

I was down there earlier in the year I had a tourney and didnt notice any gaits blocking the entrance to the launch. If you pass the launch entrance to Billington Sea there is a gait that stops your from entering that trail that leads around the pond. Maybe you didnt realize that sorry excuse for a launch is considered the boat ramp. Its just a shallow sandy beach area.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:29 am

THere is an entire cove area with pads if you go straight off the ramp to the left , past the big island and then past the small island with the shanty/shack on it ( "ice house cove" I think its called). Be very careful around the big island it gets very shallow with rocky shoals. Also the west cove ( take a right off the ramp and go past Hospital Point) it holds a lot of weeds below the surface in the early and late season. Not sure about this time of year if those weeds turn into pads or matts. My suggestion is to go somewhere else. I believe there is a 20 or 25$ parking fee to use Morton Park. If you go early they will get the fee from you on your way out.

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 am

FYI, During the summer months Billington Sea charges $25 fee for launching your boat. It's BS and that's why no or very few tourneys are held there. The place holds slobs in it my club fished there in May and several huge bags were had to include a few 18lb sacks along with a 7.10lb lunker and several 5's. If your not familiar with it your lower end will be gone.The ramp is tough the fishing can be awesome

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links