"Get Hooked on Massachusetts"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

MA Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Website Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Website Suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be taking over the maintenance of the website and wanted to get the conversation started with the MAFF community about what you would like to see fixed, improved or added to keep this community as active and beneficial as possible. There have been a few threads with some suggestions but I would love to hear from more of you. If you prefer to share your opinions or suggestions privately, please feel free to pm me.

Thanks,
Tom
kenwood
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 881

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this legit? If so, fix/update everything. The entire site is outdated by about 10 years.

Good luck! Laughing
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's legit and you're right there is a lot to do to modernize the site. I'll be updating the look and feel and making it mobile friendly but if you have any specific features or sections that you think really need to be added or fixed let me know.
jwo1124
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 106

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why there is hardly any activity on this site? I've been an on and off member here for years. I usually check in every few months, maybe started a few threads here and there about new bodies of water I fish, but looking back at the posts in the general discussion, there's like a dozen for the whole summer....
kenwood
Largemouth Rank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwo1124 wrote:
Is there a reason why there is hardly any activity on this site? I've been an on and off member here for years. I usually check in every few months, maybe started a few threads here and there about new bodies of water I fish, but looking back at the posts in the general discussion, there's like a dozen for the whole summer....

Once tournaments stopped being run through the site, people moved away.

Unfortunately, forums for the most part are pretty much dead everywhere. Hard to compete with all the social media sites.

If this site is to ever be resurrected, there needs to be some sort of Facebook, Twitter, et al. integration.
jwo1124
Panfish Rank

Total Points: 106

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If love to see that. It would be pretty simple to start a Facebook account and open accounted page.....
pocketfisherman
Swordfish Rank

Total Points: 2992

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is the new look coming along? When are we going to start seeing some changes?
stump
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 599

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading pictures seems to be an issue for some people as the picture turns upside down or sideways. Perhaps someone that had these issue could reply?
don51
Striped Bass Rank

Total Points: 1325

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, posting pictures can be frustrating. There has to be an easier method! Idea
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great point! Dealing with the way images are handled is going to be a top priority and will be part of the forum software upgrade.

It's been a bit of a slow process getting the code and websites transferred over. Some of you may have noticed that there were some missing images on the site last weekend and a maintenance message when trying to visit the site. That was all part of the migration process which is now complete.

I'm working with a friend of mine to plan out the new look of the site. As we get designs we'll be sharing them with the community to get the your input. This process will take a while and we won't have it completed until at earliest February. In the mean time I'll be making some non visual changes here and there to make the site function better. The first of which will be to upgrade the forum software which will give better spam control, federated login (login using facebook, twitter ...) and some additional features. After that I will be restarting the weekly and monthly email recaps to keep the community informed of activity on the local forums as well as on other state forums which will hopefully increase engagement and allow for better knowledge sharing from the whole US Fish Finder community.

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed of progress but if you have any comments or suggestion feel free to post here or DM me.
pocketfisherman
Swordfish Rank

Total Points: 2992

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you doing changes for all of Dave's fish finder sites some of the sites or just ma Fishfinder?
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be all of the sites.
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Logo Designs Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've started getting some logo designs and would love to hear some of your feedback at https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTIwODE0OToy. The colors can be changed so if you have suggestions leave them in the comments of the poll.
kenwood
Largemouth Rank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're somewhat difficult to see, but even so, I think 130 is the best, followed by 129.

As for the comment above about posting photos, you have to resize them before uploading. Any picture that exceeds 800 pixels on either side will have issues. If you can resize them before uploading, they'll post fine.
sfjtomp
Baitfish Rank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback Ken. I didn't realize it required you to sign in to see the full size image. I posted larger versions directly below.

138:

110:

129:

130:

144:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: