Have gone there 3x so far and have had decent luck getting at the trout stocked in this pond. Have seen some monster bass swimming by on the opposite side of the pond (entrance from behind the school yard) but have yet been able to convince them that my lure is good eatin'. I've tried all sorts of lures but they don't seem to want to bite. But either way, good trip over all with the trout bites...
[/img]

Posted Sun May 17, 2015 8:22 pm

what trout have you been hitting? Just rainbows?

Posted Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 am

Yup, just rainbows. I go out there and throw a line out with powerbait, and have my other rod with spinnerbait, plastics or jigs tryin to go for the largemouths, but have yet to get one in.. but ive pulled atleast 5 rainbows all close to that same size except for 1 baby... good spot either way. Ive had most luck in the back of the school yard

Posted Mon May 18, 2015 10:37 am

I caught a few bass there a couple weeks ago on a red red eye shad. I actually caught the first bass of my life at this pond last year which has started an obsession that has cost me close to 10 grand so far. I'll always remember that first one though. Anyway I really have never had too much luck there I'm not sure why though.

Posted Tue May 19, 2015 2:03 am

Yup, just rainbows. I go out there and throw a line out with powerbait, and have my other rod with spinnerbait, plastics or jigs tryin to go for the largemouths, but have yet to get one in

Have you tried a 1/4-ounce Kastmaster? Fish of all sizes and species will go for it... everything from salmon to sunfish to bass to trout to crappie...

Posted Tue May 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Will def try next time out there. Speakin of crappies caught a few at buckmaster today

Posted Wed May 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Awesome!

Posted Thu May 21, 2015 9:07 am

Where in Buckmaster do u catch these rainbows?? I've been there countless times, and never caught a trout. I've tried everything and everywhere. Pump house? Main parking lot? Side woods?

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:50 pm

your best chance for catching a trout at such a small, heavily fished pond is to go right after it gets stocked.

xxmattmxx

Where in Buckmaster do u catch these rainbows?? I've been there countless times, and never caught a trout. I've tried everything and everywhere. Pump house? Main parking lot? Side woods?

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 pm

robg1985

I caught a few bass there a couple weeks ago on a red red eye shad. I actually caught the first bass of my life at this pond last year which has started an obsession that has cost me close to 10 grand so far. I'll always remember that first one though. Anyway I really have never had too much luck there I'm not sure why though.

$10 G's - that's just a start..... I'm in the same ball park and haven't bought a bass boat yet....

Posted Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:14 am

I live down the street and refuse to go there. If you're restricted to shore fishing then there really isn't anywhere else close to go. But I've seen a 2 pounder get pulled from there once. And the was on the side where the lilies are. I took my little cousins there to try out my yaks. We caught them in the edge of the lilies closer to where the vegetation ends in the center of the lake. They were cruisin. There are no big bass there though

Posted Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links