My buddy and I want to try our hand at carp. Looking for a good spot to start out. thanks

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:03 am

Heards Pond in Wayland, i've seen carp jumping, and the Charles River has nice ones i've heard, and the Sudbury/Assabet river has them i'm not sure which one though it is. I don't know exactly where you mean by Eastern Mass though. I can tell you that places that are southern and not by the ocean are probably going to have a better chance of having carp.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:36 pm

For the purposes of this thread, let's consider "eastern mass" anything inside the 495 corridor.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:59 pm

i've read about people catching them at brookline res and a few years ago i saw them there by the shore to spawn.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Mystic river, more than you can shake a stick at. Stand on the rt. 28 bridge and you can look down and see where they are hanging out. All the way upriver at the lake part around the dam they travel in giant pods and look like a fleet of submarines. They are spooky and smart, so be stealthy.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:35 pm

The Charles also, but you'll have competition with the seals. Wink The inner canals, they'll be jumping out of the water doing their mating thingy. A hair rig increases hookups, it makes it harder for them to inhale and spit it.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:41 pm

The upper part of the Charles River (as in before the Waltham/Watertown dams) has a decent carp population. Only thing is that fishing those areas in summer can get tough due to the abundant weed growth. Fairhaven bay on the Sudbury River seems to be teeming with them, as we saw quite a few in the shallow areas in the summer. There are a few walking trails in the area that lead to decent shore access spots. I have also heard that Farm Pond has quite a few big ones, but I wouldn’t know how the shore access for them would be over there.

Posted Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:04 am

look up little pond in Belmont, HUGE monster carp in there. the biggest I have ever seen. Lots of them in a small place.

Posted Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 pm

bcodkind

My buddy and I want to try our hand at carp. Looking for a good spot to start out. thanks

Merrimack river best place to go Very Happy

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:12 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links