Yeah, allright. Thanks for tip. Catfish will be big bonus for me too. Never caught them in my life. Plan to cross that catfish species off my species that I haven't caught list yet.

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 am

Let me know when you plan on going i'll try to swing in

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

Allright, probably next week or two... or sooner if weather get temperature up to 40-50 degree again.

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 am

Is the river good for bass?

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:51 pm

What is the recommended line for carp fishing

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Line test will depend on the area. Carp are like a freight train on the initial run. If you use too light of line you'll never stop them. If you are fishing from shore on the river I would use at least 8lb test and you will have a fight if you hook up with a 3' carp. If the area has a lot of timber and turns I would use higher test.
They are a great sport fish...

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Is plentiful carps around charles now? or still too soon?

Let me know!

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:59 pm

You can definitely find carp in the Charles right now. You may have to try multiple spots, but I'd definitely try the spot behind the mill on crescent st. and use corn for bait!

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't know where it is at.

I planning to fish at charles basin. more specific at charles river esplanade between Longfellow bridge to Harvard bridge. Is it good spot or no?

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm

deaffisherman

I don't know where it is at.

I planning to fish at charles basin. more specific at charles river esplanade between Longfellow bridge to Harvard bridge. Is it good spot or no?

There are a few fish that have moved into that area now. No monster, just some 5-8lbers. In a few weeks about the first week of May they will be more abundant. I would recommend the two larger pools in the esplanade. The one or two times a year I do target carp I will sight fish for them in these pools. However, I do catch (or hook) a lot by accident by just snagging them. It gets pretty ridiculous how many will sit in these pools during the summer months.

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:00 am

YES!! For sure I could give you an exact location if you want and I took pictures when I was there it is right under the Zakim bridge for some odd reason the Carp literally just sit there! They were eating bread so I put bread and a piece of chicken from my meal haha then wham! I caught a few and one was the biggest carp I have ever seen! The Charles is not the cleanest river also I don' t eat carp the guy next to me says he does so I guess they are edible?

I was very surprised that the carp ate chicken I heard they do not eat meat.

K I know ho to post an image they were fighting over bread in one then the next was the big guy I caught.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Here they are fighting for bread I never knew Carp were in schools either.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Sure, I will want to know where exactly this location is. post it on Private message or on here.

There is two picture that cannot be displayed on here. but your third picture displayed carp fight on bread was showing perfect fine.

In any mean, congrats on carp catches!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Yep, that picture is how they stack up in the lower end of the Charles. When they get like that I have caught them by hand. They pretty much flop out of the water trying to spawn.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 am

Thelucky - thats awesome! I just wanted to catch my first carp. So, where is exactly lower end of charles river?

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links