My father in law found an old 1987 fishing guide for the Niagara area in Ontario. It was pretty cool going through it and I have to admit that there is something about going through the book that I don't feel when I read online. Maybe it's the authority something that is physically published gives. Some cool things I took away from it:

Muskellunge were also called Maskinonge and that term is still used in Quebec. I've presonally never heard or seen that name used before this book.

I had no idea fenwick made fish finders back in the day. I really wonder what the cost of a fish finder was in 1987 and if you needed a doctorate degree to read it.

There were a lot more tackle shops then there are now.

Anyone have a collection of books like this for your region?

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:08 pm

My father had a lot of stuff like this, plus he also inherited a lot of old neat fishing & hunting stuff from his brother. They both fished all over the U.S. and Canada.
After my farther passed, we discovered that our stepmother and stepbrother had been secretly throwing his old belongings out and had no idea of it?s worth or value. Lost history, treasures and memories.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links