Good Evening Anglers,

How do you all feel about a small tournament at Lake Maspenock in Hopkinton MA on Sunday October 17th? We can launch from my house which restricts the tourney to smaller boats since I don't have an official launch. Also due to parking and neighbors I would have to limit it to 8 teams (10 as an absolute max if interest in the get together turns out high).

Start time would be between 7:00-7:30 am and we could go until 2:00-2:30 pm.

Same rules as always- 5 keepers, both smallies and large mouths in the lake.

We can keep it fun and competitive- I would like to keep the $50 per team entry fee and if participants want to do a lunker pool we can do that too.

My address is 45 Oakhurst Road in Hopkinton MA- About 1 1/2 miles from 495.

I would be coming from a wedding the night before so I won't be home until around 5:45am -6:00am to greet teams. The walk from my driveway to the lake is about 60 feet so boats would need to be carried down so keep that in mind.

I do have a digital scale but no bag so we would need someone to bring one. I would also have an extra canoe if someone wanted it with paddles but no extra motor.

I'm throwing this out there- First come first serve! I will do my best to check the posts a couple times a day and if we have enough interest we'll all be able to go Larry Hunting in Maspy. The bite has slowed down but the big ones are still fattening up for the Winter.

Who wants in?

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 pm

how easy is it to get around the place on your extra canoe? i don't have a cartopper so i''ll borrow your canoe haha. if that's ok, sign me up for a spot. i just want to fish at this point. not sure right now who i'd fish with but i'll be contacting my regular partner first of course. if he's a no go i can ask someone else or figure it out later. i do have a digital scale i could bring. it's pretty accurate (to the ounce at boone!)

how would payout go with 8 teams? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, lunker? even if enough people don't sign up, i'd do a $5 tournament or fun fish for that matter. only a few more weeks until i call it quits for the year.

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey Sam- A canoe is generally fine to get around the lake. The area I live on is bass central so I usually don't have to go to far. I do have extra paddles as well. The weather is suppose to be pretty good but obviously if it gets windy than paddling can be more difficult, I think I have an extra make-shift anchor too if needed. I agree, a couple more weeks until that in between season of fishing until the ice hits.

Based on 8 teams we could do

1st- $200
2nd- $100
3rd- $50

Lunker $50

I think a few bucks is a good thing- just my opinion.

Just post if you want in and if you want dibs on the extra canoe.

Jeff

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

awesome thanks a lot. i have an 8 lb mushroom anchor i can bring. i'm in.

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:50 pm

"I would be coming from a wedding the night before so I won't be home until around 5:45am -6:00am."

Jeff, a photo of you in the a.m. should be priceless.. Lock it in for the Maff December photo of the month!!! hahahahaha

Put the Landlords down for Sunday.

Last edited by chuckh on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:00 pm

1st Annual Lake Maspenock Car-topper Bass Fishing Tournament
..............................................Home of the Arrogant Anglers...................................................
...................................Sunday October 17th from 7:00-2:00(ish)...................................
.......................................45 Oakhurst Road in Hopkinton, MA.............................................

1. Arrogant Anglers (Valps and Napa)
2. Cabin Fever (Sam and Jack)
3. Landlords (Chuck and Mark)
4. Smoke City ( Justin and )
5. Bass Monkeys (Sean and ?)
6. Team Northshore (Roger and Karl)
7. Slobs R Us (Brian and Alessi)
8. Hooligans (Scott and ?)

Payouts for 8 teams:

1st- $200
2nd-$100
3rd- $50

Lunker- $50

Reminder: Bring an Aerator and cooler to keep fish alive.

HaHa Classic Chuck

You should have seen him the morning of Singletary Lake when i had to roll up solo. Would have easily won MAFF Photo of the year.

Landlords on Maspy!!! I look forward to seeing them land the 8lber that lurks![/size][/b][b]

Last edited by napa on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 15 times in total

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Haha- that would be quite classic! I do plan to get a couple zzz's to ensure the Arrogance is in full force.

Good to have the Landlords and Sam in attendance!

And yes...8 pounders and bigger lurk in Maspy and a photo prior to Singletary would have been photo of the Decade lol

Napa you better make it there!

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I got the scale, weigh basket and bag covered for Sunday.

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Suprised this isnt full yet

Natick Guy?
Bam?
Slobs R Us?
Johnny its right next door?
Smoke, impossible your not down?
Hawghunters have a car topper?
Northshore?
Kman?
Hookers?
Meat?
NocatchUm?
Morefish?
Hooligans i know you have a car topper?

where is everyone!!! let makes this happen!

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:57 pm

unfortunately michael k can't make it. i'm waiting to hear back from someone on friday probably. otherwise, i'll be looking for someone to join jeff's extra canoe lol if it's looking like we won't get enough people, it would be good to know as soon as possible sine i have to get a cooler and aerator depending on whether or not i get someone to fish with who has one or the other.

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Oh Ya,I got my eye on it.Waiting to hear back from Roger before I commit.I'll know for sure soon.

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

bam

Oh Ya,I got my eye on it.Waiting to hear back from Roger before I commit.I'll know for sure soon.

brandon, if my other partner is out and yours is too, want to team up?

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry Sam and Guys,got a double negative here,well a positive for me but Rog cant make it and I just got word that I landed a project that starts Mon.Its in Burlington and I'm in Gardner so I'm gonna need this weekend to get tools and materials to the site.Sorry again guys and go get'em

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:46 pm

I DEF HAVE A PARTNER JUST NEED TO SEE IF IM WORKING OR NOT .I WILL KNOW BY TOMORROW K.

SMOKECITY KIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm

chuckh

"I would be coming from a wedding the night before so I won't be home until around 5:45am -6:00am."

Jeff, a photo of you in the a.m. should be priceless.. Lock it in for the Maff December photo of the month!!! hahahahaha

Put the Lanlords down for Sunday.

Landlords in the Cartopper Division? There goes the neighborhood! Shocked

Just kidding guys, it would be fun seeing you guys puttering along like the rest of us little boats have to!

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links