NEED SOME HELP BOYS!!!!! LET ME KNOW A COUPLE GOOD SPOTS WHERE WE CAN PARK 10 TEAMS OR SO AND ALSO HAS SOME HOGS IN THE PLACE!!! I HAVE A COUPLE BUT NEED SOME MORE TO FILL THE 4 SPOTS UP

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am

How about horn pond? Its got 2 parking lots & 2 boat launch.
The main lot is open but the ramp is closed for construction. It might be open next year? All of my biggest fish have come from there 4.10 & 5 lber. But, its only 102 acres. Don't know if your looking for something a little bigger?

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 am

Obviously I suggest Maspy

Also Lake Winthrop in Holliston....the lake where it all began for the Arrogance....solid spot for 10 teams...beauty of a lake too...some pigs as well of course

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:33 am

Are we only talking middle of the state like Worcester area because that seems to be where every tournament is. Unfortunately, every tournament has been 1-2 hours from me so its a little bit out of my range. For south shore mass, I'd say Whitman's Pond in Weymouth or Lake Nippenicket in East Bridgewater.

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 am

How about Whites Pond in Concord?

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Upper Mystic lake, Medford. Plenty of parking. Plan this one for later because it is closed do to construction. Should be open early spring. HOGS in here. I have over 10 5 pounders in this lake.

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

kman

Upper Mystic lake, Medford. Plenty of parking. Plan this one for later because it is closed do to construction. Should be open early spring. HOGS in here. I have over 10 5 pounders in this lake.

Note to self: check out Upper Mystic Lake... very close to me yet I have never been. thanks for the heads up kman!

A cartopper in Concord, Woburn, or Medford at the ponds/lakes already mentioned get my vote. Something that close to me I would be sure to attend.

Anyone know if Winnings Pond in Billerica has good size bass? I know that Billerica put in a cartopper launch area in 2009 and has tons of parking.

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Some people seem to like Spy Pond in Arlington...I've never had much luck there, but have seen pics of some nice bass.

Mystics are a good bet, and Horn as well, definitely some good fish in there.

I'm going to try to make some of these, as I have a kayak...I'll have to figure out a way to rig up a live well somehow...anyone have any experience with this?? I'm sure I can figure out something!

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm

you need to find a way to float the cooler and then tow it.

I'll get you in next year as half of Northshore and we can do it Pellican style.

Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

kman

you need to find a way to float the cooler and then tow it.

I was thinking that too...

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 am

thanks boys these are all good spots thanks

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Never had much luck at Spy Pond either, but know people who have. Mystic Lake & Horn, definately. Would be nice to be in OUR backyard for a change! Go Fish

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30 pm

volume4130

Some people seem to like Spy Pond in Arlington...I've never had much luck there, but have seen pics of some nice bass.

Mystics are a good bet, and Horn as well, definitely some good fish in there.

I'm going to try to make some of these, as I have a kayak...I'll have to figure out a way to rig up a live well somehow...anyone have any experience with this?? I'm sure I can figure out something!

Hi Volume,

I was in my first tourney at Knops late this season and there was a gentleman using a kayak for the tourney. He rigged up a live well that trailed behind him. I believe it was a laundry basket (or something that looked like one) that was equipped with some sort of floating material I think. I am not sure what he used to cover the top but I think I may be able to narrow down who it was that was sporting this awesome home-made contraption (or I'm willing to bet someone knows whom it was). It looked like it worked terrificly!

Posted Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Dan Dunbar aka Bassmaster

Posted Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:47 pm

You could also use an inflatable pool item or in the case we used an inflatable salad bar/buffet.. we picked it up at Job Lots for under 10 bucks and it fit a large cooler perfectly, very stable as well. It had a flat bottom with inflatable sides..perfect. ( Here's a linky of the actual object!) The inflatable one man rafts work as well..many of which are around the 20-40 dollar range. The one man inflatable raft from say walmart or dicks might be a better bet only because of filled cooler weight ( See linky here for instance )

We attached 2 carabiners (sp?) to the cooler handles, ran a rope under the float to each handle then attached my girlfriends kayak to one handle..for use when I had my float tube and not my canoe, seeing as I couldn't put a cooler in my float tube lol.

Posted Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links