Thank you for the offer but I think I will be all set since I'll be checking out some rods and reels tomorrow and thank to everyone that answered my questions. I have one more question. Is it too early to go fishing for large mouth bass?

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 pm

No problem. If there's no ice then it's not too early. Just think slow

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Alright I'm still a little confused but can a bait caster setup be used from shore? I don't have a boat yet but planning to purchase one around June or July.

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Baitasters can be used anywhere i use mine from shore all the time if im too lazy to bring the boat out

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

For casting lews reels are awsome and wont break the bank for spinnig shimano, St croix has quality rods for a fair price

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

I recommend the Veritas rods over the Vendettas. I have several of both, and I prefer the sensitivity of the Veritas. Well worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks.

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm

I just got back from dicks sporting good and I did not know that the bait caster rod style only came in 1pc. I was really hoping for 2pc rod that could fit in a suit case because I'm going on a vacation to Florida and wanted to fish down there too. Is there any bait casting rods that is 2pc?

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:35 pm

bass2mouth

I just got back from dicks sporting good and I did not know that the bait caster rod style only came in 1pc. I was really hoping for 2pc rod that could fit in a suit case because I'm going on a vacation to Florida and wanted to fish down there too. Is there any bait casting rods that is 2pc?

I haven't seen many 2 piece casting rods. Putting one in a suitcase is probably not a good idea. If you get a 2 piece just carry it on the plane but the one piece is better for power and sensitivity. If you want to have in in Fla I'd suggest ups'ing it to yourself. It'll cost about 30 bucks. I just saw a guy at the airport yesterday putting in a claim at American airlines because his rod case got crushed on the plane and I saw at least 2 broken rods. Another idea is to just buy a rod when you get to Fla and then mail it home to yourself. 1 piece is way better IMO

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:43 pm

shawneramone

bass2mouth

I haven't seen many 2 piece casting rods. Putting one in a suitcase is probably not a good idea. If you get a 2 piece just carry it on the plane but the one piece is better for power and sensitivity. If you want to have in in Fla I'd suggest ups'ing it to yourself. It'll cost about 30 bucks. I just saw a guy at the airport yesterday putting in a claim at American airlines because his rod case got crushed on the plane and I saw at least 2 broken rods. Another idea is to just buy a rod when you get to Fla and then mail it home to yourself. 1 piece is way better IMO

I thought about buying one in FL too but I was really anxious to go fishing because I rented on Lake George but I think I might take your advice. Thanks

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:50 pm

bass2mouth

What type of reels are better for lures? Spinning reels or bait casting reels? I have not tried a bait cast reel yet but wanted to try it for the first time this year.

Just messaged you.

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

my favorites rods and reels are all abu garcia

Posted Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links