Hello everyone. New here to the site. I just recently got back into fishing and I'm looking for some good spots close to New Bedford, 30-40 minutes maybe, that I can get some good fishing in from the shoreline. No boat yet Sad . Any suggested spots?

Looking for Bass BTW

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 pm

I've heard of good fishing at long pond in lakeville, apparently the eagles club let's you fish? I haven't yet been able to check that out. If you head to Rochester, you can fish the boat ramp area of snipatuit, although that pond is huge. Mary's pond is nice, small, and the big owners don't usually say anything about parking on the grass. In Wareham, there is the old horseshoe mill, caught a small bass there a week or two ago, but its close to the saltwater, so there is a chance for smelt, and some other things. It was pretty cold the day I went. In carver there is clear pond, that's pretty small, easily fished from shore. Good luck!

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 8:41 am

South Watuppa in Fall River has a lot of shoreline access along rt. 195 and then at the boat ramp off jefferson street.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I live in New Bedford also check out the old New Bedford resivoir known a lake street now good shore line fishing sawdy pond has a slop area near the boat ramp best bet google map it lol

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I second south watuppa in fall river, cook pond is ok too.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 3:20 pm

The post is a year old Exclamation

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 am

Man that guy needs a map then

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

It's his only post. Nobody responded to him so I guess he packed up and left.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Quitter

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm

We must have missed that day. Lmao
Maybe there was drama and we were sidetracked and had to attend to other details

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Drama, on Maff? I don't know WHAT you are talking about Rolling Eyes

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 pm

nice thread to no-where. lol

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 2:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links