Tried a new pond in Plymouth. This pond is somewhat of a secret and has limited parking so I'm not going to post it as a trip. My friend was hoping to go with me so we could use his boat, but with a wedding Saturday night with a open bar it just didn't happen ( can't blame him I would have been down and out to ). So I had to fish it in my waders. I got a few smallies, but could not break 2lbs. I was getting pissed because two boats fishing the same area as me were getting into some big fish with the same color senko I was using Mad . This time of year with the weather getting warmer The big smallies are heading for deeper water that I can't reach from shore. I have two boats and no way to get them around, I need a truck!!!!
Anyway I will be headed there again Sunday to fish it from a boat I should have alot better luck. After Sunday if some people are interested such as my friends on this site I will share some info if you want it. I have no problem helping you guys out. I just don't want lurkers who don't contribute anything to the site getting a new honeyhole at my expence. Best fish of the day was my friend Jay who met me in the afternoon and caught a nice 5lb 2oz larry on a shiner.

One of my smallies.
Jay's Larry

Last edited by mikeyc on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Very Happy Nice fish.Can't wait to go there,Good spot.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:26 pm

you take your friend to your money spot and pulls out a 5lb larry and all you got was a couple of 2lb!! I hope you pushed him in the water, or atleast made him buy a couple rounds jk tell him nice fish

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 pm

He caught it using shiners? AMATEUR!!! Hahaha, j/k...this is an awesome catch. I cant wait to break the 5lb mark myself. Well done!

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Its not my money spot yet. I have only fished it this one time. I've herd good thing and now seen some good fish pulled out though. So I know their in there. It does kill me that he got the best fish of the day. Meat if you want to break 5lb, me petralunker can help you with that. Just have to come to the south shore. Very Happy

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I live in south Middleboro. Park your vehicle in my yard and we save gas if we commute. Have a cargo van, don't need a trailor for a john boat. I can be in Plymouth from my house in 20 minutes, or the canal in 20 minutes.
Good piss stop , and plenty of cold ones in my fridge. Muhahahaha!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:03 pm

One I get the boat registered Doug I'll be taking you there Wink

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 pm

I am looking for some good smallmouth ponds to fish, can any of you give me some ideas in the southshore??

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Is this pond a decent place to shore fish? I live in Plymouth but I don't have a boat. I would love some suggestions on where to go

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 pm

dad1553

I am looking for some good smallmouth ponds to fish, can any of you give me some ideas in the southshore??

Check out the MA Wildlife site and click on pond maps. Plenty of options there. The majority of south shore SM ponds are located in Plymouth.

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links