Does anyone use this stuff?? i put 8lb test on my spinning rod and have had nothing but tangles and weird knots that don't make sense to me. It usually happens when i'm using lighter crankbaits and its usually fine with a little heavier lure, but I never had this problem with the same test line in mono. I know the flouro is supposed to a little tougher and less visible to fish, but I haven't had good luck with it at all and I tried 2 different brands (Bass Pro XPS, berkely flouro). I think I might be switching back to mono....

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:03 pm

I prefer braided line to either one. The Power Pro brand seems to work well for me.

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Another option would be a Co-polymer..check out lines like McCoy. I love this line, great abrasion resist, strong knots, controlled stretch and very little/if any memory. Looks like and casts like mono, fights and works a lot better.

I have at least one reel spooled with 15 pound test mean green that I use for various things. It has handled many a 20+ pound fish through some intense currents and never felt as though it was going to let go of the fish.

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 pm

volume4130

Does anyone use this stuff?? i put 8lb test on my spinning rod and have had nothing but tangles and weird knots that don't make sense to me. It usually happens when i'm using lighter crankbaits and its usually fine with a little heavier lure, but I never had this problem with the same test line in mono. I know the flouro is supposed to a little tougher and less visible to fish, but I haven't had good luck with it at all and I tried 2 different brands (Bass Pro XPS, berkely flouro). I think I might be switching back to mono....

I use it for running a leader off of my braided line(stren sonic braid), I never use it straight on my reels, I tried it numerous times straight on my reels(both spinning and baitcast) and had nothing but problems.

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links