Ha. Yeah hopefully everyone knows I wasn't accusing you or anyone else of wrong doing of course. I may or may not agree with the weight but that is a nice bass the guy caught.

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:19 pm

samf

Ha. Yeah hopefully everyone knows I wasn't accusing you or anyone else of wrong doing of course. I may or may not agree with the weight but that is a nice bass the guy caught.

You should be a politician Sam Laughing

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Gardner fisherman's 14-pound largemouth catch still out there - Worcester Telegram & Gazet.webarchive.

Google this and check out article...pics can be deceiving I guess

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm

they sure can be...either way. i'm not that familiar with that catch. i know it wasn't weighed and certified but i'd just like to know what people that really know the deal think.

that would give some nice perspective into pictures being deceiving you know? i know some bigger guys that catch giants but they look 3-4 lbs. but i know they aren't. i'm not that tall and have caught fish a shade under 6 and you'd swear they were well over 6.

that article might as well be in BASS haha

"Tuliano is very particular in his choice of equipment. He prefers a Viper spinning reel because it helps him cast more accurately. He uses 12-pound test Yozuru or P-line that’s fluorocarbon coated.
He always buys size 4/0 Matzuo or Gamagatzu hooks from Japan."

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:15 pm

The further out the fish is held the bigger it looks! I think we all can agree on that. This guy is holding the fish fairly close to his body and still there is no way I can agree that it is 11-4! I don't know why BM publishes pictures of questionable fish Question

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 pm

don51

The further out the fish is held the bigger it looks! I think we all can agree on that. This guy is holding the fish fairly close to his body and still there is no way I can agree that it is 11-4! I don't know why BM publishes pictures of questionable fish Question

My exact thoughts. I'm sure BM gets plenty of pictures that are altered in some form. Surely they had to see this one and scratch their heads. This one clearly looks unaltered but 11-4...I think the majority of us are in agreement on this one. But as they say, all fisherman are liars except you and me, and I'm so sure about you.

BM may be just trying to give equal photo representation to all parts of the country. Hopefully others around the country dont look at this and draw weird conclusions about NE fishing. This place is filled with as many dedicated and addicted anglers as you will find anywhere.

Or maybe I'm jealous!!! Haha, as a fan of the Concord, I was hoping I was the one that would catch this monster.

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm

I find it hard to believe that "11-4" bass in BassMasters/Concord River is any larger than maybe 6-6.5lbs...look at it compared to the "11-13" pig in the pic next to it...from length, head size and obviously the girth...almost comical...looks like it is more in size to the smallie above it...

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:28 pm

That Gardner bass is 13 lbs tops.

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 pm

guess the weight of this bass?

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 pm

It is being held out just a little bit. Appears to be a solid 10.

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 am

you_must_be_blind

That Gardner bass is 13 lbs tops.

The Gardner bass was never weighed. The weight was estimated using the length x girth formula, which is never accurate and should never be used.

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:26 am

wojo

9lbs 6 oz.

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 am

Pretty Sampson girl in at between 8.5 - 9.0 lbs.

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:13 am

wojo

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am

wojo

6.4lbs

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links