Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:02 am

great video. tackletour has some good test information on lines too but this level of detail is great.

Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 am

This is how we see it, but do the fish see it differently? Cool test rig!

Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:42 am

The most interesting thing about that video is how visible the knot is. That loop knot is easily seen, never thought about that.

Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:25 pm

thelucky

The most interesting thing about that video is how visible the knot is. That loop knot is easily seen, never thought about that.

Yep, great observation. Might think twice before tying it to a jerkbait which is a very visual-centric presentation.

Also, from a design-of-experiments perspective, its a shame how he set the test up. His observations at the end of the video were spot on. Regardless, I learned something and that makes it a useful video.

Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Man that fireline crystal stands out like a sore thumb..Good reminder not to use that stuff. Unless your tying a 50ft leader

Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I use Fireline on a couple reels and like it just fine. And yes, I tend to use a fluoro leader on most of my setups.

Posted Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 am

bloomagoo

I use Fireline on a couple reels and like it just fine. And yes, I tend to use a fluoro leader on most of my setups.

That's the same thing I used to do and had really good results. Then I got lazy and stopped using the fluoro leader and it made a difference. Going back to the leader this year for sure!

Posted Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 pm

for what sort of applications?

that's why i don't use braid unless it's frogging or pitching into heavy cover. line visibility doesn't really matter for those.

Posted Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links