Hydrowave just came out with a mini version for cartoppers and kayaks. Uses a 9 volt battery. Was my Christmas present and just used with success.. but who knows if fishing biting or made a difference. Need some opinions?

any experiences with the Hydrowave? http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Hydrowave_Mini_Electronic_Feeding_Stimulator/descpage-HMEFS.html

Plus I get to brag that I'm still fishing all winter in my little aluminum boat while ya'll staring at ice. Anyone want to come visit just let me know.... fishings great. Karl / Roger / Greek?

No good sites out here to blow off steam need to poach the MAFF site

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm

You're welcome here anytime jerky

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Shawn, I was going to send you a personal invite.. you'd love it. Bass one day and steelhead the next (a new addiction). Great fishing.. but don't have the same MAFF personalities

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm

where's matt? i know he has one.

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:02 pm

I'd love to come out there but I keep spending all my money on reels...DOH!!! I was just watching the Scott Martin challenge. They weren't getting a lot of bites. They turned on the hydrawave and started cranking them up like crazy

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 pm

shawneramone

I'd love to come out there but I keep spending all my money on reels...DOH!!! I was just watching the Scott Martin challenge. They weren't getting a lot of bites. They turned on the hydrawave and started cranking them up like crazy

Marketing. BUT if you have the extra cash like anything else why not?

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm

All I see is great reviews for this device on the web. I guess ill have to give it a try.

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:42 pm

If they made a mini with the sound sunfish make under pads I would be interested. The shad sounds don't do it for me.

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm

this is so tempting to buy for the kayak.. however I have been searching the internet and cant find hardcore proof that the hydrawave actual works.

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Doug, you ARE MAFF all the way and I hope we see you on a regular basis again (online) going forward! Come here early and often! Cool

Now for the question at hand. I saw that same Scott Martin Challenge show on FSN and then went online to see what the word was on it. For the most part, it got good reviews. Is it all marketing, we'll have to get some more personal reviews I guess?

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:22 pm

I fished with Matt and he had it on. We didn't catch anything but 2 dinks

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 pm

maybe b/c there weren't a lot of threadfin shad around.

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 pm

samf

where's matt? i know he has one.

Damn it Sam, our advantage is blown! Haha, I wish that was the case. Truth be told, I got it two years ago and the first year I spent very little time actually trying it and changing the settings because there were some many other things I was learning/trying/experimenting with.

This year I focused a little more on it using it but a lot more on learning my electronics. The unit I have has a shad and a shiner setting. I've researched "on-the-line" more than you can imagine and you will never find that double blind, placebo controlled fishing trial that proves/disproves it works.

My experience...results are still out. I have one lake here in CT that I think it has helped. Lake attributes: clear water, decent shad population, high pressured lake, not much grass/weeds. I had been there a few times before when the water just blew up with schooling fishing. Recognizing this, I tried settings, volume, and periodicity that would attempt to recreate these situations when they werent present. There will be much more experimenting this year.

Gotta feeling that Sam and I will be doing a lot of mining off shore sites for green gold this year!

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:18 pm

samf

maybe b/c there weren't a lot of threadfin shad around.

There wasn't anything around. It was at Wallum

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 pm

maddog

Gotta feeling that Sam and I will be doing a lot of mining off shore sites for green gold this year!

As long as it's not green gold from his nose, ewwwwww! Shocked

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links