Has anyone ever fished Long Sought for Pond in Westford, or Baddacook pond in Groton? I know they both are stocked with trout, and was just wondering whether or not it would be worth my time throwing in the kayak for a day of trolling. Is the trout fishery anything special or just your average trout pond?

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 pm

I've fished Long-Sought-For a few times; it was just average for me. Trout can be trolled for with a spinner tipped with a worm. I've landed a few, but there may be people who fish it more often, and have had better success. Let me know if you catch anything.

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Also, there are lots of rivers in that area that are worth checking out if you are in the area. Sqaunnacook, Nissitissit, Nashua, etc.

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 pm

i live right in Chelmsford so none of those places are too far, ive heard about the Nissitissit, but isn't it Fly Fishing only? and where are there any access spots on the river, because that's the one place i really wanted to check out this year but never found the time...

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

The Niss is fly fishign only in some spots, but not everywhere. If you are in the area, stop by the Evening Sun Fly Shop, and they'll give you directions to the nearest spin fishing section. It was freshly stocked with I think 700 trout, so the fishing is good now.

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 am

Alright thanks for the advice!

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links