Hi Guys,
My buddy called me while i was on the ice telling me about his friends 22lb 6 oz pike he caught. I think if you watch this video it might show you another method of ice fishing Cool
This is a Indian hill Nor Easter. I have one and also use an arctic warrior. This is cool because you can use a fishing rod and battle the fish. I have not caught many fish on these yet but they are cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVuONqvRi4k&feature=youtu.be

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 am

Bleeping Charlie!!!! Laughing I know Chuck as well. Good guy!!! He was fishing with your friend Joe right?

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 am

this is no lie, me and my brother were with J when the call came!!!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am

stratos1966

Bleeping Charlie!!!! Laughing I know Chuck as well. Good guy!!! He was fishing with your friend Joe right?

Joe gave him the bait and was the one who called me.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 am

Go Chuck! Nice fish Buddy!!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 am

WOW nice fish, i'm still not going out there on the frozen pond, lol

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 am

johnnybag-a-bass

WOW nice fish, i'm still not going out there on the frozen pond, lol

Come on Johnny. Bam and I are going out Sat.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am

jwall046

Hi Guys,
My buddy called me while i was on the ice telling me about his friends 22lb 6 oz pike he caught. I think if you watch this video it might show you another method of ice fishing Cool
This is a Indian hill Nor Easter. I have one and also use an arctic warrior. This is cool because you can use a fishing rod and battle the fish. I have not caught many fish on these yet but they are cool!

He's F*ckin rippin line Charlie!

Is that an ice fishing rod?

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 am

shawneramone

jwall046

Hi Guys,

He's F*ckin rippin line Charlie!

Is that an ice fishing rod?

Yes it is Shawn. You can use smaller ice rods in many actions and use spinning or bait-cast.
It's cool!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

I like that. Looks to me like you'd get a lot of line breaks on the edge of the ice. Is that like 65 # braid?

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 am

I'm not really in tune with this. I have 2 spinning rods set up but have only tried the arctic warrior with baas n perch.
I know of a guy that catches huge pike and only uses rods to do all his ice fishing. So i'm thinking break offs aren't real common and you can maneuver the rod so you are not hitting the ice if needed.
I'm new at that. i bought em to try but mostly use tilts as of now.
Hand lining a decent pike is cool. Especially after they are close and peel another 30yds thru your hands and you need to start over!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

Report is on newenglandfishing.net in the ice section for anyone interested. He was videotaping a fishing trip earlier in the year where he lost a big pike in open water on a spinnerbait so I'm glad to see him get redemption with this bigun.

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Holy Crap! That's Awesome!!!!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 pm

jbigun

Report is on newenglandfishing.net in the ice section for anyone interested. He was videotaping a fishing trip earlier in the year where he lost a big pike in open water on a spinnerbait so I'm glad to see him get redemption with this bigun.

I think same place. he seems to think it was same fish or equivalent.
Good for him!

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 pm

PB Congrats Chuck.

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links