Ok, have to get set up to leave tomorrow early.

Waterproof Quabbin topo map. Check.
Portable sonar. Check.
Have to choose stuff to bring. In progress.
Ha, almost like "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Posted Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:35 pm

"Hit it"

Posted Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 am

How'd it go?

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:24 am

tomp

How'd it go?

Not as well as your trip to the Q!

I can post a full report later on. I got a great picture of that rock wall spot. The water was pretty low and the tops of the walls were out of the water.

The wife and I got there late (495 construction and Route 2 detour) and it was well past 7am by the time we got to our first spot. Having missed the morning bite caught a few small ones near Den Hill. Moved to drifting Leveau Island to Stevens Island but the wind was all over the place. Only one reasonable fish (~3 pounds) and one great hit that may have been a good one.

Spent some time on the west side of Mount Zion but never really found any good pods of fish. Was slow all day. TONS of boats too, was weird. Maybe 20-25 boats Saturday? Usually empty this deep into summer.

All in all, was not happy with the trip but you don't win every time. Lady Q beat me and the wife Saturday.

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Too bad about late start and slow fishing. 3 pounder is good though! Very cool that you know names of the islands and various spots! Thanks for your expertise!

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:44 pm

The large number of boats could be due to having your boat washed and sealed for use there. If you can only go one place with it unless you spend the $$$ to rewash it then you are stuck with the heavy traffic.

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links