Just wondering if anyone was going to The Lashaway Derby tomorrow 5-3...Good Luck, See you there CB

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Careful out there. This warm weather hasn't done the ice any good. I was thinking of fishing it but after my experience at South Pond I'm going to wait until next week before I head out on the ice again up at Lake Champlain. Good luck if you fish.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:23 pm

q354fc

Careful out there. This warm weather hasn't done the ice any good. I was thinking of fishing it but after my experience at South Pond I'm going to wait until next week before I head out on the ice again up at Lake Champlain. Good luck if you fish.

im heading up to champlain in about 4 hours they got 18 inches of ice

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Good luck.

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 pm

people are drivin trucks on ice no porblem

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

My friend went through the ice in his truck a the Winny Derby years back. I will NEVER drive a vehicle, other than my ATV, on the ice .

Posted Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks for your concern, turns out there was 10+ inches, as well as the 4-6inches of slush, slop and crap...
I'm glad that your experience on South Pond has a happy ending. On Friday I saw two people go through in waist deep water on Flint Pond. I was on 4" of ice, which I was comfortable with, but let's just say after witnessing what I did, my trip was drastically reduced. Nobody wants to join the polar bear club with their ice fishing gear on, and fortunately we can use this forum as an informal ice update for any notice of shaky ice conditions. We go to great lengths to be safe at work, the same should apply at play as well.
Let's all be safe out there! Good Luck, Be Safe!
CB

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Sorry guys but I can't wait for this crap to melt so I have some open water to cast into!!!Chu I'm coming for you this yr!

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm

badlarry

Sorry guys but I can't wait for this crap to melt so I have some open water to cast into!!!Chu I'm coming for you this yr!

+1 lol. ill ice fish just to get outta the house and somewhat keep me from going threw fish withdrawals but goddamn i cant wait to have open water to cast into, ive been trecking threw knee deep mud every other day at my local spot to get to the one part that is thawed but there are no fish in that particular area cause its only like 3 feet deep so i guess im going threw all that trouble just to be able to cast lures lol. i miss warm weather and open water Sad

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links