I live on a lake and am going out ice fishing for the first time this year later this week I know the lake like the back of my hand (massapoag in dunstable) I know all the depths and all the cover the only problem is I haven't ive fished in about 3 years and am not sure what to look for I usually fish bass exclusively but would be happy with any tug of the line in the winter time any tips would be appreciated thank you

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Set up around the deep drop around the small island. Move north a bit where you think the weedline is in 5-10'. I would also try just north of where it starts to open up as you head out into the lake from the launch

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Don't know that lake, but Stratos seems to be right on...fish the drops and transition areas for bass and pickerel. I like to set up shallow and move to deeper with my tip ups. When you start getting some flags, you can adjust your locations to match the ones getting hits. If you're jigging keep moving until you find some fish...5-10 mins a hole then move on if you're not getting action. Cut a bunch and keep your options open. If you know where there are weedlines, fish the edges like you would open water.

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links