Anyone planning on hunting the Quabbin Hunt this year?

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:06 am

yea im in this year been doing it for 8 years when you go to the orientation the videos that dan plays are mine. he is a good friend of mine.alot of good deer but you have to find them.its good to hunt spots where there are gunna escape the pressure those areas is what works for me. chad

Posted Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 am

What area did you get picked for? I'm hunting Petersham (spelling) for the first time in 11 years of hunting the Quabbin.

Posted Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 am

same here, i was there three years ago.wow 11 years alot has changed since then the deer are thinned out to like 3 or 4 per sq mile.i took a seven last time i was there .two bucks came in and i took the big rack the half rack four stood 30 yards broadside after i shot but only had one buck tag went back twice this year for scouting and i got moose pics bear pics turkey pics but no deer . how have you done in the past.chad Laughing

Posted Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 pm

I have yet to bag a deer from Quabbin. A friend of mine shot this nice 9 pointer one a few years back:
http://www.dhsmall.net/QuabDeer/2005QuabDeer/pict1977.jpg

And another friend got a doe two years ago. I've seen deer every year but no shots. Seen some nice moose too.

Rob

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 am

i was there that year and have that deer on film at the check in that was prescott right.what did that deer weigh i would like to hear the story.i helped dan the biologist age that deer.chad

this was the bear i got on film this year and that was a doe i got in pelham she was 116 lbs good doe./I

this was the moose shed we found in quabbin biggest to date in mass.chad Shocked

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:28 pm

He got that deer in Prescott. Weighed in at 172. There's a great story behind this deer. Let's just say it should be my deer. About 3:00pm I hear snapping twigs coming from in front of me. Lands up being my brother walking around looking for me. I get mad cause he always does this. He can't sit still for more than a few hours. So we land up talking and smoking cigarettes. After about 20 minutes or so, I hear a twig break. I tell my brother to shoosh. He says it's the wind and it's been doing it all day. We then hear another twig break and he turns around to look. With his head still turned he says "Dude, grab your gun. It's a big F'ing buck!". I sayd Yeah, right and peek around the tree. The first thing I saw was that rack. It looked bleach white and was about 25 yards away. I grab my gun and shoulder it. At this point the deer is all but gone into the woods. About 10 seconds after we lost sight of it, we hear two shots. I get so pissed cause I know if my brother didn't show up, that deer was mine. At least it was a party member and friend who shot it. Was his first deer and only second year hunting.

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:05 pm

that is gunna be a tough deer to beat.what did it score.

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Not sure the score, it did make it into the North East Big Bucks Club and is on display every year at the Big E Sportsman's Show in the Young Building.

Posted Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 am

Chad, you doing the Quabbin this year? I didn't get picked for the 2nd time in 3 years?

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 am

ROB, whats up yea im in petersham again.i flimed two bucks fighting i have it on face book .ill try to attach it so you can see.i took to bucks already a 6 n bow and i just shot an 8 opening morn.ive had a good year.what about you.chad
[URL=http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/SHEDSRUS/?action=view&current=quabinnbuckfight.flv]
[/URL]

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:44 pm

how you send videos?

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Congrats on the bucks. Haven't seen the videos. Add me to your facebook. Heading to the Shutesbury State Forest in the morning. Been there all week. Seen lots of nice does and 1 buck (think he was a 6 pointer) but he was running like lightning, so no shot.

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:01 pm

how do i find you my name is chad whitcomb.good luck going to where i got the 8 pointer.trying to get my friends daughter(14 yrs)her first deer.i have to place 6 people in morn so im going to bed find me on face book and you can see videos. thanks chad

Posted Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:30 pm

There's 5 Chad Whitcomb's on Facebook. My name is Robert Keeler. I shuld be the only one.

Posted Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:17 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links