Is it worth going to the res this time of year if so what should I bring for gear

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 am

benjenstark10

Is it worth going to the res this time of year if so what should I bring for gear

For Smallies it is...

Gate 8 or 10...I prefer 10. Been having a lot of luck with wacky rigged Senkos in Brown/Chartreuse tip. Also have good luck with Jigs and a rubber craw trailer.

I wanna try 10 with a fly rod...

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 am

Awesome so large and smallmouth ? How about trout

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am

benjenstark10

Awesome so large and smallmouth ? How about trout

Mostly smallmouth..some largemouth at gate 8. Trout are real deep right now. If you go to the point at Gate 8 with a surf rod and a shiner going deep you may get lucky. At night using an inflated night crawler you may get a trout or 2 closer to shore.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am

Yellow perch and Sunfish work great all year long!!
Hit the rook and gate 8

always worth the Trip

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 am

i caught a 4lbs 13oz largemouth my first time here couple months ago

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 am

Not really into the live bait but I will make sure I bring my perch lures any other advice nice fish bassturds what gate ?

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 pm

that was either gate 8 or Scar Hill gate 14

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks muskie is it hard to find wind cover and smallie fishing is good also ?

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 pm

You have to follow the wind when fishing the Res, you don't want to be in the wind tunnel. Great thing about her is that you can find quality spots all over, Some walks are alot shorter than others, gate 8 is 18-20 mins the Rook is 35-42 mins both deep water. Use 1 for casting and 1 for live/dead bait, especially early for Lakers. When the sun is up, switch back to something live and the Smallies and Browns should be around. I may be interested in hitting her again soon...

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Yea we plan on spending the whole day Sunday so whats the rook and what's the parking situation if you don't mind me asking

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Parking is a big dirt lot on RT 110 gate 35 The Rook. The closest spot to the narrows, shallow to deep, 10 -15 ft to so say 110 ft (some say 140ft) Long walk but.....no LEAD guys as a heads up, they will check

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Yup heard they go through your tackle sometimes and how about at gate ten ?

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

That was the first spot I fished alone with no help or asking where to go, I just looked at the map a said thats the spot, never skunked in the 3 times I went. Crapped my pants 1 time, hooked into something not very happy to meet me, snapped me off, almost pulled me in. Fished to the right near the running water, rock ledge. Be carefull If your gong to 10 then go up the road to 14 Scar hill 10 min walk right or left right if casting I believe we getting a group trip out at the Rook next couple weeks, you more than welcome as is anyone else. We may do a 2 on 2 doubles action so get it READY!!!!!!

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 pm

muskiebigfish

Parking is a big dirt lot on RT 110 gate 35 The Rook. The closest spot to the narrows, shallow to deep, 10 -15 ft to so say 110 ft (some say 140ft) Long walk but.....no LEAD guys as a heads up, they will check

you can use 1oz and up in lead no? That way if your using a surf casting setup you can fire out a 1oz or 2oz spoon pretty far. Might scare the salmon Smile

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links