The tournament at East Brimfield Lake/Long Pond has been canceled due to lack of interest. Seems that it was just too far away for most folks.

The new location is Stump Pond/Robbins Pond in Bridgewater/Halifax. Fishing both ponds is allowed.

I'm also allowing cartoppers for this one (80lbs thrust or less). No teams. One person per vessel. Though Stump Pond is as the name suggests: loaded with stumps and weedy.

General Info:

Date: Saturday, September 19

Launch Location: https://goo.gl/maps/daqoZ (2105 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA)

Arrival: 6:00 AM (preferably earlier)

Tournament Hours: 6:30 AM to 12 PM

Entry Fee: $20

Payouts:

First Place - 50%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%
Lunker - 10%

Kayak Tourney Schedule and Rules are found at: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/2015-kayak-canoe-tournament-schedule-and-rules-t12350.html

To enter, simply post "I'm in" or something to that effect.

1. kenwood
2. purpleturkey
3. peggoty75
4. joem617
5. brownie
6. paulreed
7. ericlevy1
8. ericlevy's dad
9. hookerman

Hope to see a good turnout for this one! =)

Last edited by kenwood on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 7 times in total

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by purpleturkey on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:10 am

purpleturkey

This one's just too far for me.

If there isn't a huge surge in sign-ups real soon, I'm going to change the location to somewhere much closer.

Any suggestions?

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm

See the top post for updated location info.

We fished this spot earlier in the year. Here is what I posted then:

So the pond we'll be launching at has no official name. My father called it Stump Pond, so that's what I call it. I've been fishing it since I was a kid. It's a great little pond. My PB (in my profile pic) comes from this place. My father caught a 7.1 there two years ago.

I figure we'll launch from the bog area instead of Robbins Pond, which you can fish if you want. Stump Pond is weedy, lots of stumps, heavy cover, two small river inlets, while Robbins is more open water, far less weeds, etc.

If you want to fish Robbins, you can either launch in Stump and hop the dirt road to get to Robbins or launch directly from Robbins, though it's about a quarter mile walk from where we'll be parked. Bring wheels if you have them either way. It's easiest to launch by the main part of Stump, which is a short distance away, rather than the cove we park next to (it drops off pretty quickly and can be tough getting in/out of the yak).

If you want, there is also a smaller bog pond you can fish by hopping another dirt road, though accessing it is rather messy (gets a bit muddy/sloppy back there).

Anyway, access is off route 106 in Halifax, 2119 Plymouth Street (or thereabouts). There are two gates: the one to the left of the bog is locked, but the one to the right, directly across from the 106 Mini Market, is open. Enter there and park near the concrete barrier near the water's edge.

If you're going to fish Stump Pond, plan accordingly. Braid, frogs, grips for pickerel (there are some big ones), etc. There is a good amount of open water in the middle of the pond, but this is the best stuff right here (though with the long winter it's probably not as weedy now):

That should cover it, I think (it's probably way more info than necessary as it is). If folks fish Robbins as well we should have plenty of room for 10 or more. =)

I was there the other day and the water is actually pretty high for this time of year. Still plenty of weeds and such, but not quite as choked as the pictures shown above.

Here is a video from that trip:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIVb-2M1rI[/youtube]

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Stumpy sounds good see you Saturday Very Happy

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:00 pm

I'am in

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Sweet.

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 pm

in

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:01 am

Looks like its gonna be a gem of a morning Saturday!

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:39 am

Ken, you crack me up! Good job keeping the Tourney alive! Wish I could be there!

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 am

I wanna know how Ken got that video of me on the bus....lol

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 pm

There's room for more,any 1st Timers out there sign up and come on down!!!

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:52 pm

We've got eight now. Plenty of room for more! =)

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Jim C in!

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links