Hi guys(and ladies?) -

I used to have a really nice float tube made by Browning back in the early 90s and had great success when fishing from it... it's so stealthy, I've caught bass literally a rod length away, and I even used it for vertical jigging walleyes in deep water(when the wind wasn't up)! I also had a 4 pound larry turn me around and start to lead me out of a cove!! (which was a blast Laughing hehehe)

With my bad back, I might even have a hard time with a small jon boat/pond crawler type craft(getting it in/out/off/on of the Jeep), so I thought maybe a float tube would be a better bet. I talked to some of you before about trying a kayak, but I'm not sure I could handle the maneuvering required, as my range of motion is rather limited(see 'bad back' link above).

I fish from shore right now, and as I've found out, there's quite a shortage of shore access at the lakes, with all the private property around here. Also, since I'm standing, I can only fish for an hour or 2 tops before I have to stop(I walk with a cane 90% of the time), so between sitting in the tube and the weight relief of being in the water, I should be able to stay out longer, eh?

Times have changed and it seems Browning doesn't even have float tubes anymore(browsing Bass Pro dot com) - do any of you own/use a float tube and do you have any brands/models you can recommend(or warn to stay away from)?

thanks in advance!

Tony

Last edited by tony93 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 am

thank very much!

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links