I just bought a new boat today and all the damn MA boat registration offices are still closed. I've always had my boats registered right away this is the 1st time i'm debating going out w/out it (freshwater). This is ludicrous i'm not mailing all my documents for the boat out. The mail in my area is constantly losing stuff I do not trust them. Anyone know if they are enforcing registration laws right now on new boats? I've heard from a lot of marinas and people they are not because they know all the offices are still closed. Anyone hear anything about this ?

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 pm

I personally wouldn't take it out unregistered unless you want to pay a fat ticket! I also wouldn't believe those rumors either man. I have a couple EPO friends and they have informed me that Covid has not changed any normal fishing/hunting/or boating laws. They also informed me that in fact, to the contrary, thier patrols have stepped up if anything! The reasons it's not a good idea are A. These guys know the bureaucratic bullshit that you're having to go through right now to register your boat. It sux I know, but they take advantage of that stuff.
B. They also understand that we've all been shut in the house for months and we're chomping at the bit to get out there! They also know that even some good intentioned people like you and me might be willing to "bend" the law a bit to get fishing right?
Here's my advice. You should be able to take care of everything you need to do online. As long as you have a credit or debit card they should be able to renew your boat and a sticker will be in the mail. You'll be legal inside a few days. Also you will get an email from the registry confirming your re-registration. I think you could probably go out before the sticker comes as long you have your cell phone to show EPO's you did it and they will most likely be fine with that. The website will guide you through it man it's easy. You can do the whole process with your phone. If you do that you won't have to use the mail, and it will be much faster!! Good luck sir 👊👊👊

Posted Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Thing is I need to register it not renew it because its a new boat. As far as I can see you can only renew online not register a new boat, the only option seems to be via mail. I refuse to send my documents through the mail the idiots always lose things. It's just so frustrating when retail stores can open up but they can't be bothered to open the offices up. Even if it was by appointment only that would be fine. This is getting out of hand, I hate this state with everything I got can't wait to get out of this dump.

Posted Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links