I took a look at google search trends and it looks like this summer had the most searches for fishing since 2004. I've also been seeing quite a few posts from people who have recently gotten back in to fishing after stopping years ago and many from people fishing for the first time.

What is your experience? Are you fishing more? Are you noticing more people out fishing? Do you think this is good for the sport in the long run?

Posted Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:43 am

I can definitely say that I've been fishing more this year than I have over the past few years. It's the perfect way to safely get out of the house and into nature with everything going on right now. Early morning fishing has been the perfect way for me to get going and start the day now that I don't have a commute.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Alone, in the middle of a pond/lake on my kayak/boat.... the best social distancing I know of.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:33 pm

That's true too, with lots of people working from home they definitely have more time to get out on the water.

Fishing tackle, boats, kayaks and anything outdoor related seems to be selling like hotcakes too. I wonder if next summer there will be lots of used/barely used stuff on the re-sale market.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links