Hey all, I?m relatively new to Boston and am experiencing a recent need to get away from the city every now and then and onto the water. I did a lot of fishing back home and am curious if anyone had any recommendations for good spots. Not really particular to any kind of fish but Im definitely interested in bass and trout. I spend a lot of time in western mass (mostly near Worcester) so any recommendations out that way are appreciated. Just not familiar enough with the geography yet to know where to go!

Posted Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:19 pm

alexsbrewer

Hey all, I?m relatively new to Boston and am experiencing a recent need to get away from the city every now and then and onto the water. I did a lot of fishing back home and am curious if anyone had any recommendations for good spots. Not really particular to any kind of fish but Im definitely interested in bass and trout. I spend a lot of time in western mass (mostly near Worcester) so any recommendations out that way are appreciated. Just not familiar enough with the geography yet to know where to go!

What I do is get on this website, https://www.mass.gov/service-details/trout-stocking-report, and visit different ponds the state stocks with trout. Chances are there's other good fish in these ponds and lakes too. Then google the spot you choose to see how you can fish it. Most have some type of launch for a canoe or kayak. Some are no watercraft at all, so do a bit of homework before you head out. Then google map it and you're there!

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links