I as well would like to go Carp fishing. I hear they fight exceptionally well. But, I confess, I think they're ugly as sin.

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 pm

bcodkind

I as well would like to go Carp fishing. I hear they fight exceptionally well. But, I confess, I think they're ugly as sin.

Lol there not ugly haha maybe its because ive had a koi pond for a long time which are the same thing. Haha

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Carp are gentile Giants and they would pull the Stripes of a Stripper anyday of the week Tie a rope tail to tail on a couple of 20lbs and the Carp would win everyday

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Muskie I dont know man, I caught a 9lbs carp earlier this season and was really lazy, some minor head shakes, no runs, i just pulled him in on a medium light spinning rod, I was really disappointed.

Last september, i caught several similar sized carp and those boys put up a FIGHT!, multiple runs etc.

I'm thinking it depends on what time of season you catch em.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:01 am

that could be true All the carp we catch at Lake Quinsig will pull you in the water and that is early in the spring I would be dissapointed also if they came right in with no fight, thats what makes them great to fish for.. Thanks

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Sand eels are good baits for targeting Stripers. But Stripers will go for many other baits too. They will go for sea worms but the problem with those is that they catch many diferent species and they dont stay out there long enough for a striper to have a chance lol

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 am

Fresh dead sand eel Cool
Sprinkle some tobaco on the head of eel just prior to use and bam!
Fresh dead

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 am

Without reading through all of this.
I always had best results with a surf clam. The squid stays on the hook better.
I wrap a rubber band repeatedly around the clam good and tight.

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links