I live in northern CT, 15 minutes from Springfield.
I was looking for a little help in finding some places to do some ice fishing.
I target mostly Northern Pike, Walleye, Crappie, White and yellow perch. For the most part in CT I have a bit of a drive to get to any decent fishing here anyway, figured why not drive a little North and give that a shot. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:38 pm

sorry

Last edited by mikeyc on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 pm

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps.htm
This is the web link for masswildlife pond maps. This will give you an idea of whats around Spingfield. Good luck.

Posted Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks Mikeyc, I will check it out.
Still would be nice to have a little input from people that may actually have fished the area, general info, not the GPS coordinates Wink

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:08 am

Not many people on this site that are from that area. At least with the maps and write ups u can get an idea of accsses and what the pond is holding.

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:06 pm

I suppose you're right, The map feature is an awesome feature, I really use it a lot.

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

It is a help. I printed out a bunch of ponds an put them in a binder. It will be good for ice cus you can get an idea of what depth your at.

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm

i live in the springfield area. i usually fish the oxbow for pike. i have caught some decent size ones out of there when out on the ice

Posted Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Love the oxbow,tons of great pike.big bass too

Posted Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links