Hey dudes...Just trying to get a list of spots going. Since the season is only a few months, I was thinking to shoot for maybe 2/ month???

Spots:

Eddy Pond - Auburn - Fished here a bunch of times, pretty constant action on the ice

Horn Pond - Woburn - Tons of different kinds of fish, usually get a bunch of salmon stocked each winter too.

Quaboag - Brookfield - Never fished here, but read a lot of good things about it

Somewhere in Hopkinton - Maspenock or Lake Winthrop - Winthrop will probably have more access because the parking is in the middle of the lake and its fairly round, as opposed to the long and skinny Maspy.

Chauncy Lake - Westborough - another spot I haven't fished but seems like a good bet

Spy Pond - Arlington - might be the odd Tiger Musky swimming around in there...

Let's hear some input!

Posted Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I live right next to quaboag. It has a great reputation!
Honestly i have only seen some nice pike taken there but i haven't put in the time to catch one myself. It is hit or miss and mostly miss is the norm. But i have to say i'm going to keep trying.
Bartons cove on the conn. river has some nice pike too?
Good luck and i'll probably see ya out there.

Posted Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 am

love the idea! i say if u catch a bass weigh, pic, release. just hate to see fish get killed 4 a few bucks trout ,salmon their all part of the stocking program. just my thought

Posted Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm not into killing fish unless they are for food. I think if i catch huge bass or pike i'm putting it back and i'll try to get a replica mount.

Posted Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:06 pm

thats how i feel too. good post

Posted Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:48 pm

First ice awesome spot is stump field/a#1 site in westboro.
bring lots of hooks, and don't put traps to far away .
BIG FISH!!!!!!!!BASS
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:15 am

A-1 is great. I'm looking forward to putting my kayak in there in the Spring. I live a mile from Eddy Pond, there always seems to be abig following there for hardwater season=>another place to kayak and fish weedless....monsters in there with very little summer pressure.

Posted Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Forgot about A-1, definitely a cool spot. I think I read somewhere online that they were working on the dam there and drawing down the water??? Can anyone confirm and let us know the status of the spot, and if we'd be able to ice fish there this season?

Posted Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:07 pm

A1 is great but i would make this an early one, the back side / cover have issue with the O2 levels later in the season not sure if it's the shallow water etc.

Lake Winthrop in Holliston is nice, plenty of parking and access from both side of the lake.

Lake Chauncey in Westboro is a good spot although it does get some pressure. I have seen some nice bass and pike taken through the ice

Farm Pond in Framingham always a good bet again another pond the does get some pressure. Hold some really nice bass and picks.

Happy Holidays

Ed & Kyle
Happy Hookers

Posted Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 pm

I have fished Horn Pond a lot salmon and trout, also produces bass back out near the island.
I have fished spy pond a lot on the ice and caught my biggest musky there 36" through the ice. ( They love the pike shiners here)
Walden Pond and Whites pond are produces I go there every year and always had good luck.
Farm Pond is also another good pond I try fish though the ice there every year and caught some nice bass.
Just wanted to let you know my experiences with the ice fishing. I hope it helps and hope to see you guys out on the ice. "TIGHT LINES"

-DAVE

Posted Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Anyone live in the westboro area, that can do a drive by on stump field,to check out water leval?possible draining for dam repair!

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Has anyone ever put traps in flint pond?

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Ill do a drive bye tomm to check water levels was planning doing some rounds of near by ponds to check the ice and see if anyones been out saw to people out today on smaller ponds between auburn and grafton ill try to grow a set and get out on stump and try getting through the ice and check thickness

Posted Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Stump pond fished other people out flint pond has been my go to spot caught a three pound bass yesterday eddy pond always scares the crap out of me but looked good just about 2 inches of water on top frozen over and soft. Back to work for me so twice a week now instead of everyday to go fishing.

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links