Hey everyone, I was wondering if you can catch sharks from the beach. I know that you can catch sand sharks from the beach, but I'm not sure if you can catch larger species of sharks, like for example: mako, thressher, and porgebeagle sharks. I know that people in Florida, can catch large species of sharks from the shore. But, I've never heard of people catching large species of sharks from the shore in massachusetts. If anybody knows of a place where you can catch large species of sharks from the shore, please let me know, oh, and I was wondering the laws, and regulations, and places that you can shark fish from the shore, if there is any shark fishing from the shore, in massachusetts. Very Happy

Thank-you

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:24 pm

If memory serves me correct, someone caught a thresher last summer down the cape. Don't quote me though, I may be mistaken.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks for the info, it sounds like its pretty rare to catch a shark from the shore in massachusetts, I think I would be better off going on a charter boat fishing trip for sharks.

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 5:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links